Tour De Fat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are going to be there.. WE are going to Be There.... WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE.

I would like to find out if there are any rides or pub cruizes, (remember we ride rat bikes) on the Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, in the Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins areas before the Tour De Fat. It would be fun to cruise with other RRB people before TDF. You Colorado RRB people,TALK TO US.

I'm not sure about any pub cruises going on. I'm underage, so I generally don't follow that kind of stuff. Two years and I may be a little more in the know.

floridasfavson said:
I am going to try and make the tour de fat in Boise, ID in August. Anybody else in the Boise area planning to go?

I wouldnt miss it. We usually pickup the parade mid route and proceed to the festivities.

Langsmer , you can count on me and the little lady makin the tour in fort collins!! and in denver...
Hey dan glad to see your going to make it.... And hello randy! lol.

We are in Fort Collins today. Yesterday we were at Tour De Fat. Its the coolest bike event in the world. They said there was somewhere between 7,500 to 8,000 bikes in the parade, I would believe it. Bikes, Fat Tire, custom, original, rat, freak, cruiser, card board enhanced, mountian, even a few road bikes, but most were of the fat tire cruiser bike style. A what a show. Most of the people wore costumes. Then we all hung out at the mothership ( a park like area accross the street from New Belgium brewery), and drank beer, listened to bands,comedians,rode crazy bikes, talked to and watched bicycle crazy people, It was great. Everybody needs to do this, start planning to be here next year.
I will post some pictures when I get home.
Dangerous Dan

Glad you enjoyed it Dan. I knew you wouldn't be disappointed. It's awesome! So bummed we missed it this year. Sorry we weren't better able to let you and Jon know what we were doing. Nova finally found out on Thursday that she wouldn't have Friday off. I did get Friday off though. I decided I would make the 8-9 hour trip by myself. Had my bags packed and was loading up my bike Friday morning and then changed my mind at the last minute. :(
There's always next year.
We'll be waiting for the pics.

I saw a few bikes from this site there! A few from the build off I think, as well as others. It was an excelent ride this year, and by far the most bikes I have ever seen. I was on a beat to heck Red and cream Autocycle missing the headlight.

I was there. Waiting on my friend to burn a CD with pics from her camera. There were sooo many bikes. I was pulling a trailer behind my bike that my friend was riding in. Both he and his girlfriend were a dressed up as dice.

Like I said, I'm going to post pics as soon as I can.

Some photos from 2008 Tour De Fat in Fort Collins.
Heres the my "Beer Bike" and Lora s "Star Chief" in the parade staging area. The green and white bike is Jon s RRBBO3 bike "Woodies Pub Kruza"
TDF08034.jpg

the view foward
TDF08038.jpg

the view backward, we were towards the front
TDF08039.jpg

They say some 7000 bikes were in the parade, I would believe it.
After the parade at the event site the was a freak bike riding area with bikes provided by the promoter.
TDF08015.jpg

and there were people and bikes
TDF08020.jpg

TDF08025.jpg

TDF08005.jpg

TDF08007.jpg

TDF08006.jpg

TDF08013.jpg

some bikes for sale
TDF08014.jpg

a New Belgium bike was given away in a drawingusing the number on your wrist band
TDF08008.jpg

and a lady who gave up driving a car for a year recieved a custom built New Belgium bike (the bike hanging above the stage was lowered and presented in a ceremony)
, she was brought to the main stage in a man carried VW bodied carriage contraption
TDF08011.jpg

and there was a slow race, in the championship heat the contestants had to ride slow and drink a beer
TDF08047.jpg

and we were there
TDF08035.jpg

We even road our bikes to our motel room
TDF08057.jpg

TDF08061.jpg

Great fun everybody should do a Tour De Fat.
Dangerous Dan
P.S.
Langsmer, I remember seeing your bike and telling Jon that I got a sprocket from an Autocycle thats on my RRBBO3 bike the "RustRat".
Plays_with_toys We were riding with you for a while in the parade, It was nice of you to pull your friend who was on crutches.

hey, dan and lora. im so glad you guys made it. we had a blast!!
randy you wouldnt have had as much fun without nova anyway!! and yes theres next year!
langsmer, sorry we missed you there... if you saw the classic looking green and cream cruiser or candy orange "dyno" those were mine. and the green one's in the rrbbo3.

see you guys on the 28th.

jon

Latest posts

Back