Tour De Fat, Tempe AZ Oct. 6th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else going? I'll be there with my trike and the special lady friend will be rolling on her Electra Betty. I just repaired two flat tires this morning... thorns. I still haven't had much luck getting the SA five speed adjusted though.

belairbike.jpg

This guy was at last years event... http://www.flickr.com/photos/onemillion/6251625595/

I'll be there with three trikes! The important thing for those SA hubs is to have the correct measured distance between the end if the housing and the cable bolt. Just set up a SA 8 speed. Check out the build challenge section to see what AZ chop shop and I are bringing down!

I will be there, some of us folks are meeting up for breakfast and a ride from Tempe Marketplace. Come on over and do a group ride in! :wink:

heres a dumb question....when i go to these Tour De FAt deals there are thousands of people. So after that show is over...where does everybody go??? I mena thousands of people show up..then the rest of the year there is not one decent event..and you never see people out places riding or having shows..swap meets..NOTHING. So do people jut put the bikes away for another year and hide??? This is one of the best places in the US for weather..there should be events all the time.

naturephotoboy3 said:
heres a dumb question....when i go to these Tour De FAt deals there are thousands of people. So after that show is over...where does everybody go??? I mena thousands of people show up..then the rest of the year there is not one decent event..and you never see people out places riding or having shows..swap meets..NOTHING. So do people jut put the bikes away for another year and hide??? This is one of the best places in the US for weather..there should be events all the time.

There are bike events several times a year but I think Phoenix is such a big place that bike event announcements get swallowed up by other events. I went to a pretty cool bike thing in Mesa last spring. They shut down main street and had a bike parts swap, there were bands and a stage, I think there was a road bike race...

I'm not sure how to find out about these events though. Maybe "like" some local bike shops on Facebook and you'd hear more about local events?

pvwacko said:
I'll be there with three trikes! The important thing for those SA hubs is to have the correct measured distance between the end if the housing and the cable bolt. Just set up a SA 8 speed. Check out the build challenge section to see what AZ chop shop and I are bringing down!

I can't do the measurement thing with my SA hub. The hub for my 5 speed is a wide hub but the chain/rod is for a standard width hub. So, the part you're supposed to see/measure is deep inside the hub when it's assembled.

thehazmatguy said:
naturephotoboy3 said:

There are bike events several times a year but I think Phoenix is such a big place that bike event announcements get swallowed up by other events. I went to a pretty cool bike thing in Mesa last spring. They shut down main street and had a bike parts swap, there were bands and a stage, I think there was a road bike race...

I'm not sure how to find out about these events though. Maybe "like" some local bike shops on Facebook and you'd hear more about local events?

I went to that Bike festival in Mesa last year too. It was a great event..except for one thing.. hardly anyone showed up. That day was not our normal sunny beautiful weather so most fair weather people stayed home I think. It was actually nice though. Normally out here you go to an event and there are so many people it's a bit annoying. So having no one around made for an easy day of riding around the streets and doing what you wanted without the LINES.

the swap meet part of was bad as always. Thats what I would like to see more of. Swap meets or something like that. And hopefully some people will show up with GOOD items to buy without the RIDICULOUS prices that seem to be going on. There is the normal guy with the 50 Schwinn Krates and stingrays asking 450 to 500 each..with RUST??? AAAAAAHHHH ...NO

Latest posts

Back