Tour de Fat, Tempe AZ 10/10, who's going?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tour De Fat is worth the effort to go. TikiHarl missed you in colorado?

tikiharl said:
Yeah I missed Colo., it was too hard to justify driving 13 hours for a 1 day event. I opted to go to the one in San Diego on the 3rd,it was a 5 hr drive.
I guess driving 3 days for is absurd :lol: Maybe some day will make it back to Tempe. That's only 2 days drive. Can you guarantee as nice of weather as it was last year? I should have chased you down the moment I seen you last year. Can't believe I never spotted you again the rest of the day.

Maybe next year if I can plan a mini vacation near Ft. Collins I would def. be up for it.
As far as the weather goes,no gurantees,but this is typically when things start to cool off. Late nites,early mornings are great now.
It has been mid 80s all week.
BTW,I imagine that to alot of folks that this seems to be a beer festival w/ bikes. (well there is alot of beer) I took my older sister to the one in San Diego,she doesnt drink and had a blast. I guess its the carnival atmosphere

Oct 10 Saturday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the upper 60s 8)

The weather is fantastic right now, hope it will be the same on the weekend. Any rendezvous point guys? or just meet at the registration area? how will we identify each other?

I will be on the burrito.Perhaps wearing a Fez. 8) I will be in and out of where the Phoenix Phreaks are. I think they may have table or shade.
IMG_0084.jpg

That's one cool burrito! perfect match for your Hellbilly, that's the bike that I wanted to see... but wait, you didn't cut it up to make this one right?

I'll be riding my only ratrod bike (for now):

S6004785.jpg

TikiHarl we usually take a week or 2 around the tour. Well you have a whole year to plan!!!! maybe the wife and i could try arizona next year , tuff to miss fort collins tho. Have fun and you guys take a bunch of pics and enter that slow race!!!

It would be cool to meet up somewhere but I'm going to be in a group of at least 8 leaving from my house and meeting up with about 8 more along the way, so it's going to be like herding cats as it is. 2WheelFlyer, I will keep an eye out for your bike and find you. I'm still not sure what I will be riding, I'm leaning toward a muscle bike.

I'm SO THERE!!!! Sadly, the TDF Unit will not be debuted as the ride I had planned fell through.My 95 cavalier just wo'nt fill the bill for an 8' freakbike. So it looks like the Phony Phantom will have to fill the bill!I will be hangin with the Phoenix Phreaks as usual.
pappaandthekids002.jpg

You better be around the vicinity! I can already taste that stogie! :wink:

Packin now!Unless the color is off, a Connecticut wrapper.I have had these in a Maduro wrapper, very nice smoke!A good accompaniment to a nice dark ale, mmmm!

Latest posts

Back