Torker KB2 w/kickback hub- pleasant surprise!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i don't like too many of the new bikes we get in the shop at any price, but i think i want one of these for myself. i looked through my odds 'n ends at home and i think with just a couple changes i could have some fun on this....

DSC04458.jpg

both gears are quiet and smooth feeling, i like the audible 'tick' when the hub has shifted....

DSC04453.jpg

i'd replace the stem with a salsa i have laying around, and of course the steel bar has to go...

DSC04447.jpg

looks like room for fenders with 32c tires if you were so inclined (clearance is tighter in the back). 38's are stock. drilled for a front brake but it would have to have a heckuva reach....

DSC04451.jpg

fwiw the bike in the photo is a 50cm. saddle height is 73cm in the photos. color is darker than in the catalog and has more of a satin finish. a plus for me is the decals look extremely easy to remove.....

DSC04449.jpg

Re: Torker KB2- pleasant surprise

TheFlyingDingo said:
Love the kickback sticker...haha!

I agree, that easily adds another $10 in value for the sticker alone, Cool bike indeed !!! Thanks for sharing :)

deorman said:
Reasonably priced if the 400 dollar figure I found is right. 8) First up for me would be a front brake, but I imagine you'll be checkin' the index for aquatic mammal themes. :lol:

it took me the longest time to get that...... :oops: :lol:

yeah, i'm so used to a front brake i'll probably need one- all of my klunkers have at least a front drum. it's been many years since i spent a lot of time on a coaster brake only bike! these are funny- you hop on and i guess because of the narrow bars and diamond frame your brain expects it to be a fixed gear....

i should also mention the included touch up paint- it's an extremely good match..... :roll:

DSC04472.jpg

Back