Too many things going on!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all;

I guess this is kind of an update, though not much has been done on the bike builds. More like clean up and organizing.

I've had this lil' Dodge Colt Turbo parked in my garage since a year ago May, that was non-running up until last Wednesday. Got 'er going and a buyer is in place so it's now out of the garage. Woohoo!

I just acquired this lil' sweety moments ago for $140 CAD;

P1000781.jpg

I don't know much about it, but it does say KHS Manhattan on it. This is the first time I've ever ridden a bike with apehanger bars on it. I don't think I like it or will get used to it. Aahhh, we'll see.

Because of this recent acquisition and all the other projects i want to get going, i needed the space so project Turbo Colt had to go.

Look at all the space I've got now in my garage! My apartment is all the less cluttered looking now, much to the joy of my landlord. {and me too!};

P1000784.jpg

P1000783.jpg

Well my vacation time starts in a week. Perhaps I'll get 'er going on at some point, but I've so many plans. Aaaarrrrgh!
Cheers.
G.

Sweet ride! I sell KHS at work they are awesome bikes. I think thats the Nitrous model you have. Nice score. Troy

Yep, that's a KHS Nitrous. They are nice rides (especially for 140 bones) and very solidly built if I recall correctly. Someones added a banananana seat to it, but otherwise it looks untouched. Good catch!

-Mp

Oh. Silly, unobservant me. I didn't even notice that it said "NITROUS" on the fender guard.

Well upon further investigation, {Google,} it is indeed a KHS Manhattan Nitrous, circa 2005. Looks like the banana seat, sissybar, pedals and red anodized dice valvecaps are additional accessories. I thought it came stock that way 'cuz the seller said he bought it at the bikeshop as you see it. I guess not.

mid-nitrored.jpg

I just finished takng it out for a little evening spin around the neighbourhood. Those apehangers have got to go. Also probably gonna go with a set of fat 3" tires.

Gotta get used to the lack of ground clearance. Scraped the pedals a few times tonight.

After so many years of using handbrakes, those coasters felt a little weird. This whole cruiserbike thing is certainly new and exciting for me. A different breed of bike than I'm used to for sure.

I gotta tell ya' though. It's quite a workout having only one gear!
G.

Markm;
Regarding the apehanger bars? I'm going to hang on to them for a possible future project. As yet unknown.

Well I tweaked the Nitrous a wee bit.
I lowered the seat a couple of bolt holes and the seatpost a couple of inches. It's so low now. My feet are totally flat on the ground, barefoot!

I removed the apehangers and stuck on the handlebars from that department store cruiser I got recently. What do you guys think?

P1000785.jpg

P1000786.jpg

I'm so used to conventional MB and roadie cockpits that it still warrants getting used to the cruiser side of things. Definitely can't power out from the saddle on this baby. It kills my knees!

I took it out for a nice long cruise, {40 minutes} on mostly level, but some slight grades and I find the gearing perfect for a singlespeed. Gotta stand on 'er on the hils, but it's not too bad.

I'm thinking of putting on a conventional seat and raising it some to accommodate my "conventional bike cockpit" style of riding. Doing this may well be going against the very nature of what this bike is about, but it's all about riding and having fun, right?
Cheers.
G.

I Like it because it's Different!
That nanna seat would usually go well with Ape's,
but it looks Very Cool like this..Unique and TOUGH!

Like the Bad Kid in the 70's ,with his "Latch Key"
hanging from his neck on an Old Shoe String.....

Hmmmmm....was that my Inside Voice Remembering the Past :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Very Cool....send that seat over on The Ferry so Murry ( Firewalker )
can put some Custom Red pipping around it.
That would be Cool!
and Maybe Blast some Red Krylon on The Crank arms..
or Pop The reflectors outa The Pedals and Blast them Red instead!!

it's Looking Great..and you Knee's will get used to The Riding Style...
It Hurts a Lot sometimes to Look Cool :lol: :lol:

Peace,
Kev.

I say paint the crank like kev said, But i like the apes myself.

Latest posts

Back