Todays ride in the Blue Mountains, Australia (pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, here are some pics from todays mountain bike ride in the Blue Mountains, which is basically a couple hours inland from Sydney, the biggest city in Australia. In between dodging foxes and bushwalkers I got some pics.

Pretty much all of the mountains is sandstone country, so generally the trails are pretty sweet (with patches of sand). Generally the riding is a mix of firetrails (closed to cars) and general dirt roads.

Lookout #1, you could drive into this one, but riding is much more fun.
BlueMountains003.jpg

Lookout #2 (and lunch). The ride into this one was sweet because it was closed to vehicles, and it had some great steep sections with plenty of waterbars!
BlueMountains013.jpg

These are all shots from that same kinda area
BlueMountains024.jpg

BlueMountains037.jpg

BlueMountains039.jpg

BlueMountains056.jpg

This is the view back to Sydney. Excuse the fuzziness, there's a bunch of haze over Sydney! Thats 115km (71miles) away!
BlueMountains059.jpg

I took the scenic route home and stopped to get some sunset pics
BlueMountains069.jpg

BlueMountains098.jpg

BlueMountains107.jpg

BlueMountains134.jpg

BlueMountains139.jpg

BlueMountains142.jpg

Time for home and a hot shower!
BlueMountains147.jpg

Very beautiful scenery.

Looks like that would be primo singletrack country, very nice looking surroundings reminds me of some parts of Arizona and Utah

socal_jack said:
Looks like that would be primo singletrack country, very nice looking surroundings reminds me of some parts of Arizona and Utah

Most of it is firetrails. All of the bush in this area is designated as National Park, and the Blue Mountains has a World Heritage Classification. So access is limited 1 - because its so .... remote, and 2 - to conserve the ecology of these areas. The only way to get into that valley is to walk in, and as you can see there are cliffs ringing the whole thing!

This is what it looks like down in the vallery, ive hiked in there a few times (not my pic)
Blog%20Forest%20040.jpg

Floyd said:
Wow! BTW, what season are you in?

Winter! :shock:

Back