Todays Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is nothing special but I thought the frame was interesting. I got this at a Thrift store on half price bike day.

It is a Huffy Classic Limited or Limited Classic. Bike is in GREAT shape with SunTour components. Does anyone know what frame is this considered? Unisex? Womans?

I don't have a clue of age...it still has the sticker on it from AAFES (Air Force store) of 133.00. I think i am going to rebuild this...but i would like to find out a little about it before I make a final decision. I know it isn't worth anything..just curious to the age more than anything else. My guess is less than 10 yrs old

huffy.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ron
Albuquerque, NM
http://butterflybiker.blogspot.com/

It looks like a nice mixte, and I've never seen one with one-piece cranks. I passed on two of them recently (a Peugeot and a Gitane) and wish I hadn't, they really are pretty bikes. There are some nice examples in the Classic & Vintage forum at bikeforums.net.

Cool little bike. Probably from the late 70's early 80's. Build it up as a single speed and you should be able sell it pretty quick. Coffee shop bike.

those are the only frames that i like that have all straight bars, i dont really like diamond frames but for some reason those mixte frames appeal to me. good score, if i came across one for a good price id buy it for sure and make a usable daily rider road bike of it. ive also seen one where the owner cut off the upper set of seat stays and cut down the seat post, dont know how he/she rode it but it sure looked cool!
fast eddie outty

Back