To the guy who found my wallet.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheItGuy said:
Well I got you today... Went to dinner tonight at a restaraunt golden corral in a pretty good neighborhood. Eat dinner with the family come out the wife starts the car and it sounded like a motorcycle was running next to us. I tell her hold on I jump out look under the van and vala the catylac converter is gone clean cut sawzaw gone.. TELL THE D^^bag to return the 50 dollar scrap part.. What a crack addict.......

oh man this sounds bad. but seen my fair share of this, im a security officer at a shopping center and this has happened in the parking lot about 3 times, in the period of 1 mnth, worst part...during my shift. so we had video of 1 guy actually getting under the car and cutting the cat. the whole process took less then 1 minute.very impressing nontheless. by any chance is your car a toyota??? its very common for yotas, down here in socal anyways.

The car was a darn minivan the wife drives. (We call it a luzer cruzer) Pontiac montana... They could of took the whole van it would of been alright.... Those butholes...

Yep some people will do anything to make a buck, I saw a thing on the TV show "Trucks!" they did a segment on it, some device with cables and clamps that keeps it from being stolen. I'd say a cheap home made skid plate to block access would work just as good. :roll:

TheItGuy said:
Well I got you today... Went to dinner tonight at a restaraunt golden corral in a pretty good neighborhood. Eat dinner with the family come out the wife starts the car and it sounded like a motorcycle was running next to us. I tell her hold on I jump out look under the van and vala the catylac converter is gone clean cut sawzaw gone.. TELL THE D^^bag to return the 50 dollar scrap part.. What a crack addict.......

Someone stole your catalytic converter?? People steal these???? :shock:

ratina said:
TheItGuy said:

This was actually quite a dilemma in my area about 2 years ago. It got so bad that the dealerships were removing them from the cars on the lot until someone wanted to buy it.

HotRodRob said:
ratina said:
TheItGuy said:

This was actually quite a dilemma in my area about 2 years ago. It got so bad that the dealerships were removing them from the cars on the lot until someone wanted to buy it.

No kidding! I've never heard that before. How much could you possibly get for one of these scrapped?

they were up to $35 here last summer, been stuck under $30 for a while now though.

my ranger (cal. emissions) has 7 of them ... i wish someone would steal them so my gas mileage was a little better :lol:

My little VW truck doesn't have them, dual straight piped to the back. Emissions exempt because it's a diesel and Indiana doesn't have ANY testing whatsoever. Love the black cloud at start-up......lol. :mrgreen: Not to mention 45-60 MPG!

+1000 on the advice to call the 800 numbers on all of the plastic cards ASAP.

Make sure that they log the fact that your card numbers may have been compromised, recorded, copied down, etc.

It will probably start a pain in the ... process of them replacing your cards, cards being suspended in the process, and so on.

I would also frequently log in and monitor my accounts and see if any fradulant charges are being made.
Your bank may even rely on you to report these charges in order for them to automatically cover you and return your money.
The banks all have their own rules about how they cover you for charges you did not make. Ask them specifically how they handle it.

You can count yourself lucky if all you lost was the cash IMHO.

BTW: If you have a credit card, but never use it, DON"T carry it around with you. You may lose it and someone else find it.
Next time you make a credit card charge, pay attention to the process, you will realize the 99% of the time the sales clerk will
accept any card you hand them without any check that it actually belongs to you. Anyone can scribble your "signature" and be off without any challenge. I used my wife's store card a week ago, without challenge, and I don't look like someone named Sheryl.

My brother and sister-in-law are both accountants and work for FDIC and will tell you that credit cards are EVIL! :shock:

jerrykr said:
credit cards are EVIL! :shock:

AMEN to that, My sister is currently $75,000 in debt over credit cards and wreck-less spending, then the interest jumps..... :shock: . I swore to NEVER use one. I do have one for emergencies only but I have only used it once in my life and I paid it off at the end of the week when I got paid.

Well, its a debit card...that i can use as a credit card...so...Credit card?

But, i have not had a chance to go to the bank and whatnot. I keep thinking...Nobody was smart enough to write that stuff down.

"Oh Cool Beans! Cash!"

When I dumpster dove regularly, I would be amazed on what kind of private information I would find. I was too young to know how to be a con. :lol:

Back