to fix or not to fix that is ............

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I am new to bikes and am working on my first right now.
However I found this today and bought it. As I got to looking at it I began to wonder the definition of to far gone.
What do you think?
Thanks Todd
IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

WAY TOO FAR GONE...SEND ME A SHIPPING A QUOTE.. lol looks good nice parts don't look far gone at all...needs a lil work but still a good find at least i think i like it ... :mrgreen:

in the time it took you to post this, I would have been riding it haha

What everyone else said!!! Fix it up without a doubt. I have started with less. That is a great bike.

JimK

What I would give to find such a bike. Fix 'er and ride it. You'll love the attention you'll get riding it around town. :mrgreen:

49cadillac said:
Thanks everyone
I was just thinking the missing parts might be impossible to get

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT!!

Clean it up, paint it if you wish. Find a "donor bike" with shiny wheels, chain, good tires, and any other good usable parts and rebuild this one! I paid $10.00 for this, and it's loaded with everything you need to ride your bike.

6984944.jpg

RIDE, RIDE, RIDE!!!!

If you're looking for the correct x-53 parts, go over to the cabe.com forum under the for sale section. Member named Keith is parting out his X-53, should have fenders/rear rack/wheels that you need.

Fix it up & ride it. That's a fantastic old bike. Don't go broke trying to restore it. The "parts donor" is a great suggestion. Everyone will be jealous when you take her for a spin.

That's in a thousand times better shape than my Henderson cosmetically. Paint it to suit, throw on some late model wheels and tires from a thrift store bike and enjoy it. At least it isn't full of almost 60 years worth of paper wasp and dirt dauber nests... :oops:

Back