Tire Source Dilemma (26 x 2.125) & (20 x 2.125)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've got two bikes I need WHITE WALL tire sets for. The most important is a 26 x 2.125 for the bike below. In the photo was my planned two options, neither of which are working for the bike now that it's all put together (the reveal comes later :D ).
The problem is this, I'm looking for a black tread/white wall for this bike, but I REALLY don't want the Typhoon brick tread or the Goodyear tread, both are exhibited in the photo. I see a few other options but they're all stupid looking tractor/dirt bike tread pattern. I also have a little girl's bike that I'm restoring that needs a 20 x 2.125 tire, I'll gladly buy the same type, or whatever type as long as it's from the same place/on the same order as the 26's.

I ordered some NICE Kenda white walls with non-de-script tread about 4 months ago but now they appear to no longer exist anywhere in the bicycle universe...???

No luck at Rini so I ordered from Niagracycle instead, then today they sent me an email telling me to pound sand because they were out of stock. Junky-Rusty has NO 20 x 2.125 tires :(

So, to recap...
(1) 26 x 2.125 white walls in non-de-script tread (as in no Schwinn tread or Goodyear tread).
(2) 20 x 2.125 white walls that can be sourced from the same place (I need my money for bike parts not shipping).
(3) An attractive cruiser tire tread pattern on both, just sayin'.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

IMAG0467.jpg

Not sure if you care what the sidewall says but how about these? Columbia Superb repos that I picked up from a local collector/dealer for $30 with tubes. He has 1000 of them and will ship.
005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

I just ordered 4 Cheng Shin 20x2.125 whitewalls from Niagra through Amazon.com and they were listed as in stock. Did you order the Cheng Shins? How long was it after you placed your order that they notified you they were out of stock? Did you order directly from Niagra or through Amazon? Sorry for all the questions but I need to keep looking if there is a chance that I might not get them. The price was really good, $36.15 for all four tires including shipping.

Bri-in-RI, those Columbia repops might be PERFECT for my project, although my project is an Elgin, the tread and cross-section shape is really nice. I'm interested.

DonOne, Niagra was out of the 26" tire in particular, they had the 20" in stock still so I think you're good to go. :D

Here is the guys site- http://nostalgiamerchant.com/
His name is Mike and he doesnt show much on there but he does have his email and phone nnumber on it so you can contact him. I went into his warehouse and he has THOUSANDS of repop and NOS parts like seats, tires, lights, wheels...
Good luck!

Thanks Tailwinds, I rechecked this morning and my 20's are set to ship on Monday. I thought about ordering the 26's at that price, just to have them but I will wait until they restock. Man, I wish we had someone in Atlanta like the guy with the Columbia repops. I order on line but especially when it comes to repops, I like to see what I am buying.
Don

DonOne said:
Thanks Tailwinds, I rechecked this morning and my 20's are set to ship on Monday. I thought about ordering the 26's at that price, just to have them but I will wait until they restock. Man, I wish we had someone in Atlanta like the guy with the Columbia repops. I order on line but especially when it comes to repops, I like to see what I am buying.
Don
He does ship I believe and if it helped I would have no problem helping guys on here out with shipping.

Back