Tiny Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this tiny little gem at a scrap yard. Pretty darn solid. The hard rubber wheels measure about 8 - 10 inches (I didn't have a tape measure handy). But I haven't seen such an adorable little bike in a long time. I don't think it's very old, but the frame makes me wonder. I have a niece that's turning one and I think I'll switch it to a girls bike for her. I even have the tiniest padded banana seat with teddy bears on it if she doesn't like the hard plastic seat. I can fabricate a sissy bar. Pink or purple powder coat, grips, training wheels, a good cleaning and new girly stickers - Ta DAA!

Add some pinstripes to that list and you will have the perfect mini rat!

On a more serious note though, you may want to check the freewheel works correctly in the front wheel before going to far. Some are solid locked to the wheel which is more reliable, but the freewheel ones can start to slip and may be the reason it was scrapped. ;)

Luke.

I called to check, the scrap yard is owned by a friend and family. She said her daughter had been riding it and it was fine. But I will double check it when I go pick it (and a couple others) up. I should be able to test it by holding the pedal assembly and trying to spin the wheel to see if it slips, right?

And pinstripes! Definitely pinstripes! :D

Back