Time Machine...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My boy, Tony and his pal Matt and I did some riding around this afternoon...Ever since I scored the Schwinn Phantom Scrambler...I'm a kid again!!

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

Where we ride:

Looking west:

IMG_0503.jpg

Looking east:

IMG_0502.jpg

It's good to be alive!! :mrgreen:

roadmaster said:
that bike takes me back. diggin the yellow mags and looking at that bike, it almost makes me think i could fit on a 20" bike again. those are the days i miss..
Yea! It's a little on the small side...But what a blast to ride! :mrgreen:

It looks like you have a wonderful place to ride...Elm St., USA. :D I envy you. The trucks have our country road torn up for the summer and I'm riding in circles in my garage. :| Gary

B607 said:
It looks like you have a wonderful place to ride...Elm St., USA. :D I envy you. The trucks have our country road torn up for the summer and I'm riding in circles in my garage. :| Gary
Thanks! This is about a 15 minute ride from my house:
IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

:mrgreen: Nice place...Winter kinda bites! :(

right on!!! 8)
ya need to bring it out here and we'll tear up the trails!! :D :D :D

isn't riding bmx bikes fun? they are perfect bomb-around bike. i'll probably regret selling mine soon.

mastronaut said:
I'm glad you have a good sense of humor! :lol: :lol:
Heh,heh! I do, but not sure about my son Tony a.k.a. Chim Chim! :mrgreen:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
isn't riding bmx bikes fun? they are perfect bomb-around bike. i'll probably regret selling mine soon.

Dude! It's been a looooooonnnnggg time since I had one! And I'm diggin' it! I even rode it to work the other day.

bikeriderx said:
mastronaut said:
I'm glad you have a good sense of humor! :lol: :lol:
Heh,heh! I do, but not sure about my son Tony a.k.a. Chim Chim! :mrgreen:

Hahahahaha!! I LOVE IT!!! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: ...A.K.A. Chim Chim

Oh yeah, Benton Harbor / St. Joe is (are?) beautiful...but you think YOUR winters suck -- we had our last hard freeze in JUNE this year!

And actually, now that my son's up to a 20" BMX bike I hafta admit that I bomb it through the ditch a bit more than I should. Takes me back to the brown Schwinn BMX with the yellow cast wheels that I had when I was a kid...

Man your Schwinn takes me back to the days of the over vert bars!!I think I had a couple extra inches forward tilt on ya!!HAHA,cool score for sure.Ive always loved old Schwinn bmx!!!

Dude! Check this out: got this from a neighbor...
IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

As it turns out, it's a Giant frame with some sick parts...

Back