Thrown Away

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was telling this guy about this web sit RRB. and how cool it is and all the ideas I have seen for some customising and building some bikes of my own. He says I have an old bike I have been meaning to throw away you want it he says, I says sure. Thinking it was some walmart bike he backed over. and he gives me this.
He asked me what year it was I had to be honest. I have no clue what year what model. But I do kinda like it. Not sure what I'll do with it yet. Anyone able to help me figure out what this is.

DSC05032.jpg

DSC05031.jpg

DSC05033.jpg
DSC05034.jpg

Where are friends like that where I live? Def no later than 30's awsome bike man I want to buy it if you wanna sell it. Let me know.

I gave this a real good once over the frame and fork look really really good. I love the shape of the bars and they are in pretty good shape. I didn't realize how beautiful these old bikes were and how well crafted they are until I started seeing these bikese on RRB now that I have one in person WOW. If this really is a bike from the 20-30's it has held up well. I really don't think we will be finding bikes like this from the modern era in 50 years. I would really like to find some pics of how this bike looked new any suggestions on where to go for research?

scrumblero said:
... thats what he gave you.....LUCKY!! :shock:

Well it cost me a leaf blower. It was one of those situations I had something he wanted and he had something I didn't know I wanted. We shall see if it works out.

LUCKY
All I find for free is a Raleigh Sports :cry: Great score :mrgreen:

:shock: :p If they had a drooling smiley it'd go here....... That is a nice score man! Looks like it needs a little work to lace the rear hub to another hoop but a solid home run on the price! :mrgreen:

great find i have 3 of them im geting ready to put 1 together its all new paint and has the tank and rack also i think these r one of the coolest bikes ever made i hope you keep yours and enjoy it as i do goodluck with it :D :D :D :D

I am by no means an expert but, something that old and cool, bring it back as close as you can budget wise and access to parts wise. It would be a cool boardtracker though. Don't sell it! You will regret it. Keep it, get it back to life and hand it down to your kids when they get older. That is our history of what we love and it would go nowhere but, a warm climate controlled room. Like my 1915 Excelsior will when I swoop it up next month. Awesome score and well worth a leaf blower. Glad to see it in the hands of someone who appreciates it and has a passion. Peace. :)

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Huffsta said:
I I would really like to find some pics of how this bike looked new any suggestions on where to go for research?

elginsideshot1.jpg

Enjoy your new find, I would LOVE to have it!

Cheers!
Dr. T

I love this bike. Such Class it has. I am going to do some serious digging for more info on my bike. I think this might be a good candidate for a full resto.

Back