Three Speed Muscle Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my Muscle bikes
Bicycles029.jpg
westernflyer012.jpg
003.jpg
Bicycles024.jpg
Bicycles020.jpg
Allisonsfirstcar014.jpg
bicycle011.jpg

Wow! Cool collection! :D

Can you tell us some more about them? Model/make/year sort of stuff? Specially the one with yellow tires and the one just above it, never seen any like them before! :shock:

Luke.

Sure, can tell you what I know :
1) Orange and black bike 3 speed stick shift Huffy American, I don't know what year, original except I changed black grips for the orange ones with the streamers.
2) Green bike 3 speed Western Flyer Buzz Bike III 3 speed stick shift, dont know what year original excpt I added the Wald rams horn handlebars
3) Coppertone Bike 3 speed Western Flyer Buzz Bike III click shift on the handgrip, dont know the year,excellent like new condition all original.
4) Blue bike Schwin stingray, girls fairlady it had a blue & white solo seat and cruiser handlebars. I added a bantam crossbar,tall sissy bar,troxel solo polo,Schwinn handle bars and removed fairlady from the chaingaurd.
5) Red bike Matell Bronco, not sure what year I think it is 1965.This bike was very rusty when I got it,rims were pitted very bad, I blasted them and painted them with chrome paint. The head light & speedo were with the bike when I got it so I could not seperate them.
6) Chrome bike Matell Stallion,not sure but I think it is a 1965. This bike is original except for the stripes and tires. Most of the stripes on the fenders had peeled off so I restriped them to mach the NOS yellow Goodyear crazy wheels.
7) Yellow bike is a Westpoint Areo Bee, dont know what year, check out that chainguard.

Awesome job Extraplay, thanks for the added detail! So the red one and the chrome one with yellow tires are actually the same bike underneath by the looks of it? Cool design, how do they ride? I imagine the suspension hinge being up near the headstem would take some getting used to?

That last bike's chainguard is awesome!

Luke.

They ride pretty good as long as you are not sitting, but weren't designed for 200lb grown ups. They rode a lot better when I weighed 120lbs, in 1971 I got a used Bronco, painted it lime green and rode it to school for a couple of years. The tank lid opens and would hold my lunch on the way to school.

Latest posts

Back