This Schwinns A Keeper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have had a few Schwinns, they were all newer cruisers that were just flippers for me. I havent come across a good enough deal on an old one yet to make me buy it. However, I couldnt pass this one up. I had to have it, and its not for sale. Havin my buddy in Ottawa scoop it up for me. Figured its worth more than I paid just for the parts.

SchwinnStool2.jpg

SchwinnStool.jpg

Heres the ad.
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell- ... Z324354842

Yep might have to build one to.. :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Cool but I'd have to use the tank on one of my bikes :mrgreen:
X2 that tank would look sweet on my '58 Schwinn American

These were made in 1995 for the 100th Anniversary along with the Phantoms. All the ones Ive seen had a brown Phantom seat, a brown scripted Schwinn stensil on the tank instead of the lettering this one has on it and they also had the AS pedals, all the same parts as seen on my Phantom pictured below. This might have had the parts swapped out for a bike already. Still very cool. Ive been looking for one for some time for my garage. Great find.

001-3.jpg

I was looking around on line, and yours still showed at the auction. Schwinn must have done 2 versions and maybe yours is original after all. I found a picture of the ones I have seen and they had a Phantom paint job, headbadge, and the grips used as stoppers too. You scored a great piece for the garage though, lucky you. This is a pic of the Phantom version I found on the net. If anyone knows where one of these is, please let me know.

1_2c5ecc4976e5a45324aecbca514972f5.jpg

Back