This is WAACK!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This looks really cool and is built by Specialized, but $1700 and single speed, DOH!!! For that cash I would buy a car!

Now with that said it does have some cool stuff. THe rear wheel is a WHOPPING 24 x 6 inch! and the front is 24 x 3.5 inch laced to 10 spoke 5 star wheels, 8 inch disc brakes front and back and what looks to be a very comfortable riding position. I saw this in the 2007 Specialized catalog with a leggy model standing next to it and the dimensions of the bike look like they should be comfortable.

specfb.jpg

The wheels are killer looking,
I don't like the look of the seat, but I imagine is is great for riding.

The Frame / Fork look ,I like.

But ,I'll buy 2 other bikes just as cool for the same price,thanks. :mrgreen:

peace,
Kev.

Great bike probably, not sure about the price.

Found a 4000 dollar cruiser the other day made by Ellsworth. Has a varible geared hub, that works on planetary ball bearings or something.

http://www.ellsworthride.com/

That is cool Cman..
It looks like an Old Elgin Frame.

And I was speaking with my friend who owns my LBS,
and this was 8 months ago, and he was talking about those gearing systems being the Future for
Mountain Bike's...possibly.

Imagine that, downhill, cross country, free ride, road
and NO DERAILERS to catch a stump, burm, rock, etc.

very cool bike Cman,
thanks for sharing that!

peace,
Kev.

xddorox said:
The concept is great but the hub weighs almost 10 lbs and the cost is similar to a Shimano Nexus from what I read. I'm not too crazy about the dual cable shifting mechanism either. I guess more r&d will make it better.
Also the gear range is just about the same as the nexus 8 (I think a little less) and not as good as the rohloff 14 speed hub (300% vs. 500%).

The cost of the Roloff are a little expensive. 1200-1400. or a hundred bucks a gear. Though I would mind having one.

Mur,

Royce Union, Yamaha, and a few others made those Moto x Bikes..
They are very saught after and worth a MINT.

I saw one of those new one's like the link you posted
at Crappy Tire.

Flash Back to when I was a kid for sure..

oh yaa,

Mykroc has one of those Old Moto x Bikes from the 70's

It's MINT!

I had one of those. I never rode a bike so hard before or since. I mean, I literally rode it into the ground...a few times. I guess the fact that it looked like a motocross made me believe that it HAD to be ridden like one. Going in mud bogs, forest trails, jumping over everything, including fire, to my mother's delight. I guess that's why a mint one is rare. :mrgreen:

There were 2 Yamaha Moto x for sale at the bike swap a couple of months ago. One Yellow and one orange. I admired them and left. one was $350 and $550.

My dad told me later he saw those and almost bought one for the grandkids.

I too remember those Moto-X bikes. They were THE bike to have around here before BMX hit big-time. Heavy, heavy bikes but they sure took a lot of punishment. And who can forget how the red plastic faded to pink in about a year. Or how you'd end up bouncing up and down when you really got cranking LOL.
Good times indeed. I've still got the front forks from my buddies Moto-X (the rest of the bike is long gone), I should try to use them for something.

-Mp

any body got a url for that specialized bikes cruser with the 24 x 6" tires?

thanks,
rick.

Fatboy

Hey guys,

I got to test ride a Fatboy today.

great down hill and around corners at speed.

Really bites going up hill.

the seating position is really awful, seat too low, seat angle way too lax. If you raise the seat, it moves way too far away from the handle bars.

but it sure gets comments.

Rick in Iowa City.

why yes. I was talking to Geof at the race saturday about it and i asked him to bring it to the old capitol crit today.

Back