This is the WOW factor! RatRod you'll like it.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I ran into a guy I knew from way back in high school when I was out riding around. He was out riding too and then I catch a glance at WHAT he's riding and my poker face goes on. After chatting for a minute he asks if I had any mountain bikes that I wanted to sell or trade. I told him I did and asked him about his bike. We rode up to my place and worked out a trade.

Ready for this?

Are you sure you're ready?

This mountain bike and $10 of my money (The Royce Union STD that's towing the trailer)
P8100002.jpg

Wait for it....

For his Redline RL-20 Prostyler!
I would have gotten more pics but my camera batteries died. It has had a little ghetto chrome spray bomb but it has most of it's original parts and decals are in good shape. It's white under the spraybomb. Sugino cro-mo crank, ANLUN stem, Redline STR series bars, crummy pegs, mis-matched wheels, and a seat that he wanted to keep that wasn't original anyway. I think I got a deal.
PB180042.jpg

Sugino cro-mo crank
PB180043.jpg

Anybody have an idea of what it would be worth cleaned up?

Pending sale without wheels in 3 hours for an undisclosed price to an undisclosed member. Woo Hoo! :mrgreen: If he wants to chime in he can. Anybody interested in the mag wheel?

Nice! I love it when a find brings back memories for someone. I had one similar to this when I was a kid but I had so many bikes i could say that about almost any bike. Ironically the one I miss most was an almost worthless Huffy.

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice! I love it when a find brings back memories for someone. I had one similar to this when I was a kid but I had so many bikes i could say that about almost any bike. Ironically the one I miss most was an almost worthless Huffy.
I miss the SKYWAY T/A my brother ran over with a 4 door 1973 Impala-CRUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

tuga said:
So was your buddy riding it like that with no seat? :shock:

"For his Redline RL-20 Prostyler!
I would have gotten more pics but my camera batteries died. It has had a little ghetto chrome spray bomb but it has most of it's original parts and decals are in good shape. It's white under the spraybomb. Sugino cro-mo crank, ANLUN stem, Redline STR series bars, crummy pegs, mis-matched wheels, and a seat that he wanted to keep that wasn't original anyway. I think I got a deal."

No he wanted to keep the seat, (It was a cloud 9 seat and not even close to original so I let him keep it)

ckdesigns69 said:
Cool bike buddy! I'd have jumped all over that one too!
Yeah that bike is going to pay for my next 2 and then some so I can't complain. I have found two little honey holes in Kokomo I'm going to "help liquidate" a few bikes at a time. Keep flipping them and re-invest the profits. I'm the new bike mogul! :mrgreen:

backpedaler said:
too much tv :shock:

honeyhole=moneyhole :wink:

His prices are good, I can easily double my money on most stuff.
Examples:
Schwinn Tandem for $100
Schwinn Stingray "Black Friday" crate for $25
Sears tank bikes from $75-$100
Firestone 500 tank bike for $100
Also a few girl's bikes I wouldn't mind getting just for parts.

Just got to know how to flip them or part them out.

rusty1 said:
Soooo,...now what ya gonna tow the trailer with?
One of the other 13-ish bikes. :mrgreen: I been towing it with my spaceliner chopper lately.

man, i remember tuff wheels and redline bikes. i had an mx II and rode the wheels off of it. cool score.

Thanks. This is probably my best score of the year. Too bad I'm too big to ride it comfortably. Oh well it sold fast and I can buy something I like better.

Back