Thirsty Three Wheeler (formerly The Growler)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned up the fill-in areas and got a little paint done.

I also rebuilt the ND rear for my '51 Roadmaster so that I have something to ride while I tear down the trike rear. That bike had some serious internal corrosion issues and the stem bolt snapped off trying the get the frozen stem out. I was able to get the stem out but the wedge nut and little bit of the bolt are still frozen in the neck. Unfortunately I can't take the fork off because the crown nut is also frozen in place. Shoved a replacement stem in there as far as it will go and I'll work on it again after the trike is done.

In other exciting news the '59 Murray Meteor Flight that I had stolen out of my garage was spotted last night, so I will out looking for it tonight and hopefully able to reclaim it.

Looks like its time to just scale it back and get realistic. Bike will get done, as a less than ideal version of my vision, and the speaker box will get done at some point later. Oh well, I'd be riding it either way. Life happens. Have a beer and ride a bike, it will all be okay.

Back