Thinkin about going after these western flyers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two bikes have been on CL for a little while now. I always wait till they drop the price a little and then make a deal. He's dropped it down to $50 for the guy's western flyer, and $25 for the lady's. I'll offer $60 for both and see what happens.

Roly...

3k13Gc3I55I25F75Mbd1u25f4bd329776133a_zpsbb42d4c8.jpg

3Ef3L43H45G85E95Kbd1ub14e7eb5e616188f_zps62fbdbcd.jpg

pull the trigger !!
thats a sweet deal :shock:
i'd be all over that if i lived closer

For some reason that's the deal around here. These bikes pop up all the time for super cheap! Raleigh is a city full of "hipsters" that love their single speed touring bikes, and they pretty much ignore deals like this. These bikes have been on CL for at least a month! I never jump at the first offering because the market here for these bikes is non existent. Sad but true. I haven't paid more than $50 for a bike in a long time.
My buddy has a small shed where we can keep half a dozen or so. We fix them up, and then sell or trade them at swap meets for double or more sometimes. The newer ones we store elsewhere then take to the coast where they have these big sailboat shows and they scoff them up quick! Those folks like to have cruisers to go to the stores with when they get to a new port city. I only sell them the newer ones because they rust up in about a year or two on the boats. I can do that to cheap chinese bikes, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I were to send American steel out to sea to die.
We should ban together and if someone sees a bike in an area where a fellow Rat Rodder lives, they can work out a deal to buy and ship. I can't keep all the deals I see. My wife would kill me! We'd be overrun by bikes until the spring when all the meets start. Just an idea.

Roly...

Lots of times guys around here are willing to do that.......Last year a member found a sweet deal on a rare bike out in CA. He bought it and shipped it out to me 8)

Ahh, they got snagged up! There's more deals out there though. Just have to be patient.

motopsyco said:
I'd have driven to Raleigh and paid full price for that pair if I had seen it first. :shock: oh well
Well man, keep an eye on the CL and if you see something you like let me know. I'll get it and hold it for you. We should all start doing that if it's monitarily possible.

Roly...

Latest posts

Back