These are great times we are living in bro's and sisters!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the pleasure to witness the first build off and the privilege to participate in the second one. what a ride! I suspected that this second edition would bring out some amazing stuff, but who knew how amazing it would actually be. Great workmanship by everyone for taking what is basically junk and making something fantastic out of it. Whatever comes out of this I am totally satisfied that in the spring I will have a very cool bike to ride the tires off of and trust me I will. I wish I could comment on every single build, but the ever growing number of members is making it very hard. So if I didn't comment on your build, trust the fact that I actually saw it and that they all look cool. I can just imagine what build off #25 will look like, flying bikes, bikes in space? :wink:

Again, congratulations to everybody who took the time to participate, it was a lot of fun. If it wasn't for the build off, I would have a 1950 CCM rotting away in the snow right now. It looks a lot better sitting on my shop floor with brand new rubber on. Of course, thanks Steve for providing us with this great place.

Gerry

i agree with Gerry!
all the builds have been awesome... everyone has done a great job!

i am sorry i was not able to participate on this one, the first one was a blast...

it's great to see that this forum continues to be as inspiring and as friendly as the day i signed on :D

keep up the good work everyone!

thank you Steve for all you do!

oct.

Right on Gerry! If I posted everytime I saw something cool on this forum, I would be behind the keyboard 24/7!

Hugo

i agree,i'm new to the hobby and i'm only 14 so i'm workin with limited resources
you guys have been an AMAZING help on some pretty simple stuff and other questions i've had
just by looking around the site i see something cool ALL the time and it helps to answer the boatload of questions i've got
thanks for the help and keep up the good work!!1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

o yea STEVE thanks for the amazing site!

thanks
it tough when you don't have years of expereince to help you
but hey u gotta start somewhere!!!!! :D :D :D

THANKS!

Ya everyone starts somewhere. I started when I was 13, and that was four years ago. Its amazing what 4 years can do for your collection and experience. I now have about 20 bikes.but its funny, I still go into the garage when im bored and look at my collection. It seems like I always end up making my way back to the corner of the garage to my first bike I built, and it always turns out the same. I look at that first bike for about 15 minutes, frown, and think to myself what in the heck was I thinking when I did this or that on that bike.....but for some reason that first bike is still my favorite.

I haven't been on this board in awhile. Just started checking back and you guys are doing some great work. :D

Keep up the good work!

i agree as well the quallity of the bikes this year has made it hard to compeate with. i personally found myself trying harder than ever to try and do new things that were edgy but still would work. there are more than a few new things on a lot of the bikes this year that i have never seen done before and you should all be proud. good luck to all

Ya everyone starts somewhere. I started when I was 13, and that was four years ago. Its amazing what 4 years can do for your collection and experience. I now have about 20 bikes.but its funny, I still go into the garage when im bored and look at my collection. It seems like I always end up making my way back to the corner of the garage to my first bike I built, and it always turns out the same. I look at that first bike for about 15 minutes, frown, and think to myself what in the heck was I thinking when I did this or that on that bike.....but for some reason that first bike is still my favorite.

well right now i've go 3 bikes but i'm working on a few others

even with three i still do the same thing
always try to add or make something different on the first but never come up with ne thing and it is still my favorite

hahah

moparmayhem93 said:
but hey u gotta start somewhere!!!!!

Very true - and bikes are a great way to learn the basics and how to spin a wrench. Speaking from my own experience, what I learned on bikes certainly helped me a lot when I started messing around with old Mopars & Chevys. A bike may be a simple machine, but don't underestimate what it can do for you.

As for this year's build off - WOW! it's going to be mighty difficult to decide when its voting time!! There is some absolutely first-rate ideas and workmanship showcased here.

-Mp

Very true - and bikes are a great way to learn the basics and how to spin a wrench. Speaking from my own experience, what I learned on bikes certainly helped me a lot when I started messing around with old Mopars & Chevys. A bike may be a simple machine, but don't underestimate what it can do for you.

yea i no what u mean
my dads a car guy so it just so happens i am too
of chorse i'm an all around chrysler guy and i am proud to say i am typing this wearing a mopar hoodie
ahahah
i take quite a bit of heat for it at school
bikes are a perfect place to star
i tried messin with lawnmowers but it cost WAY to much money and i didn't have enough to work with
i would be COMPLETLY lost without this website and i take every chance i get to say thanks
so

THANKS! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The numbers are good

BBO1 produced about 20 finished bikes. BBO2 produced 40! Maybe we can hit 60 for BBO3? And that's not even thinking about quality or diversity. 8)

Hugo

Re: The numbers are good

Hugo said:
BBO1 produced about 20 finished bikes. BBO2 produced 40! Maybe we can hit 60 for BBO3? And that's not even thinking about quality or diversity. 8)

Hugo

That's really amazing. And so many of them are so good. There's tremendous variety in the bikes, many different approaches and the finished products cover a very wide range of ideas.

It seemed like a furious race to the finish for me. I know several others must have been working and thinking about their entry every minute of the last few days. You guys who finished early, congratulations as well, for having the foresight to accomplish just what you wanted and execute it quickly. For me, I work best under pressure, but it also took a long time to get all the elements of my ride to come together.

It felt like a full season of one of those Choppers shows... cutting, fitting, trying pieces, welding, painting and trying to envision how the whole bike would work when done.

I know I enjoyed reading everyone's stories, the writeups of the trials and test-fits and finding out that "this didn't work" or "that didn't look right".., that part is just as much fun as viewing the finished product! Like they say, getting there is half the fun. In this case, maybe it's all the fun!

I am personally very impressed by the creativity, imagination, and technical skill represented in these bikes. It would really be exciting to see them all in one place someday- to actually view rows and rows of Rat Rods in person. Fortunately, Steve has done such an awesome job with this web site, that we can view them together in the gallery. The Gallery for RRBBO2 should be equally impressive.

I can't say enough how much fun this has been! Everyone I've talked to about it at work, friends, family, they've all been very positive and excited to see the outcome of my bike and the whole contest.

Now comes the hard part: voting! I wasn't a member the first time around, so I don't know how it's being done. I don't think I can vote for just one. I need to vote for a Top Ten or something!

--Rob

i thought that as well. the first go around we had 54 bikes being built and 19 done. this time there were something like 87 and 40 finished bikes. amazing how this whole thing has grown. it has now been a little over a year since i joined at member 115 now we are over 700 strong. the progression of the bikes over the last year has been tremendious from simple cruisers with ape hanggers to full on one of rides it really is amazing. i wonder how many bike companies look at the site and take notes? :D

This bike build off shows a lot of talent and creativity, Its been great watching. Next time I got to be in the build off, got my frame already if I can wait until then. Seeing all of those Kool bikes makes me want to go build another kool bike, but I have a few (about a 1000) other projects to do first. Better get at the other projects so I can build a rat bike. Dangerous Dan

karfer67 said:
i wonder how many bike companies look at the site and take notes? :D

I did send the URL to the folks at Felt a while bike and one of the guys emailed me back and thanked me for helping him kill an hour...ha ha!

well if you look at the new 08 hotwheels bike you can deff see some rat rod bike ideas being used. woot we are trend setters i feel so special

Just goofin around

Rat Rod said:
I did send the URL to the folks at Felt a while bike and one of the guys emailed me back and thanked me for helping him kill an hour...ha ha!

lixodg1.jpg

Hugo :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back