There should be a canada only topic for it

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tired of not being able to get what I can buy then I get a refund or whatever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just assume any shipped price is within lower 48 US States. You will have to work out shipping to Canada with the seller, if they are agreeable to do so.

I'm tired of not being able to get what I can buy then I get a refund or whatever
Hey Braindead,
as a fellow Canadian member I understand your frustration with factors of cross border transactions, but most members here are willing to work with you on getting you the items that you want or need.
We all need to understand that shipping costs will be a lot higher than those posted for within U.S. and with experience (or a bit of homework) you (and I) will be able to ball park the fees and set a budget before contacting the seller and wasting anyone's time.
Start a private conversation with a selling member when prepared with an idea of the full cost and payment method and keep a positive, polite attitude.
I don't have the perfect buying, or even attitude record here either, but have found that if a buyer (particularily Canadian) can make it any simpler and convenient for the seller, they're likely to have better results.
As out of country members on this great site we should consider membership as a privelidge and diplomaticly accept that no member on either side of the border gets every deal they're after.
I've had a lot of great co-operation, conversations and transactions with fellow RRB members over the past 5 or so years.
I honestly still have my occasional relapses (excuse me guys:blush:) and realize that just because I can see something on the computer screen doesn't mean that I'll see it on my porch.
I don't think an isolated Canadian Corner would work either because the domestic supply/demand is not as strong and shipping could still be the deal breaker.
Just breathe Brother, take a nice ride and appreciate the wicked bikes that we do have until the next one that's 'meant to be' finds You.
PEACE :cool2:

Last edited:
That's why you gotta p.m.
Canada is over the rocky mountains if you go by postal charges!
Pony express/polar bear express, guess it is really hard to get them together!
I have some friends in Windsor, always felt bad seeing what they paid for shipping and illicit things.... the second they shouldn't have been buying!

As I tell all northern members, move south!

No kidding Mike and the majority of the Canadian population lives less than 100 miles from the border.
Toronto to Buffalo pin to pin =98 miles!
Hey a shoutout to any members in Buffalo NY!
Nowadays if you want to send Grandma a hand written letter just down the road, the single stamp will cost ya a Buck! or a Loonie as it were.
Forget her, I'm saving to get bike parts.

I hear the U.S. stamp just rocketed up to 49 cents too! That is just brutal.;)
1loonie_20140109.jpg
bobdoug.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Guys!
Don't forget this is a 2-way street!!!

I just had to pay $80 Shipping to get a pair of (non-foldable) fat tires shipped from Canada to the US (Delaware)...
... and 80 was the LOWEST shipping option available!!!

I hated to spend that much extra for shipping...
... but the tires in question aren't available here in the States!!!

Unfortunately expensive shipping is "the price you're gonna pay" no matter where you live anymore!

Good Luck!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,

Hey Will & Wendy,
It's crossing that darned 49th parallel that gets ya one way or the other.
At least the exchange rate was hopefullly in your favor this time. That's a small blessing.
What the heck kind of tires do we have up here that would possibly be that interesting?
14558137-two-tires-of-gold-in-the-form-of-a-chain-link.jpg

Here is Braindeads issue he in the worst way wants my 49 schwinn. The shipping of this bike would run about the same as he's paying for it . Making the bike well over priced for its value . I been trying to convey that and he call's me lazy LOL Im just not in the mood to run a bike in a box all over town to get a shipping price i know hes not going to be happy with . Its a waste of my time and not worth it .
I asked him if he had any one in NY he could get to and can not .
But here's an idea -
Us tuck/Van guys have whats called a Vanner express . It takes a long time but it works . The item is paid for and its shipped via van truck or car by members and is an extremely effective way to move things cheap .
You have to have volinteers who may be traveling in that direction pick your item up and take it to the next part of the trec either there home or where they might be traveling . Its a system built on trust and responsibly . it has to be worked out ahead of time .
Say i ship the bike to a guy whos going to a show either car or bike say NY ? The another guy from canada is going to the same show picks up the bike and brings it back home . Then they can do in country shipping or Braindead can hop int he car and take a drive .
Only issue is if some one drops the ball in the system your set back untill the next show or pick up . thats why you have to be responsible .
we ship doors , front ends ,wheels you name it that way some times

Hey Will & Wendy,
It's crossing that darned 49th parallel that gets ya one way or the other.
At least the exchange rate was hopefullly in your favor this time. That's a small blessing.
What the heck kind of tires do we have up here that would possibly be that interesting?
14558137-two-tires-of-gold-in-the-form-of-a-chain-link.jpg

Hey Late For Dinner,
Just a quick comment here as I Certainly don't want it to look like I'm hijacking the thread!!!

They're brand new "WD" Snow/Sand tires and apparently aren't for sale "loose" yet!
These came off a new fatbike unridden as the owner opted for different tires right out of the box!!!

I'm hoping to get one more pair of them as all the projects I usually build are "His & Hers" pairs of bikes for Wendy & I !!!

Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,

Now those tires are sure to draw some attention Will! Very Interesting.
I'm pretty sure that I jacked this seemingly misplaced thread myself a long time ago.
Maybe the thread will quietly fadeaway.

Hey Late For Dinner,
Just a quick comment here as I Certainly don't want it to look like I'm hijacking the thread!!!

They're brand new "WD" Snow/Sand tires and apparently aren't for sale "loose" yet!
These came off a new fatbike unridden as the owner opted for different tires right out of the box!!!

I'm hoping to get one more pair of them as all the projects I usually build are "His & Hers" pairs of bikes for Wendy & I !!!

Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,

Those are the tires that come on the Mongoose Beast. You can get the whole bike for $200.

Yep, those are definitely the same tires on the Mongoose Beast.

Here is Braindeads issue he in the worst way wants my 49 schwinn. The shipping of this bike would run about the same as he's paying for it

Not to stir up trouble, but you should ship the bike using http://www.bikeflights.com.

I used them to ship a BMX to Japan and it ended up costing about $150 to ship it. They also handle all of the customs forms for you as well. If I would have gone directly through FedEx for the same shipment it would have been something ridiculous like $600.

Here's Braindeads comment to me today .. LOL ( **** Americans suck )
we dont have bike flights here and this bike is three time the weight as a BMX so its avery least 280.00

Here's Braindeads comment to me today .. LOL ( **** Americans suck )
we dont have bike flights here and this bike is three time the weight as a BMX so its avery least 280.00

Bike Flights is not a place. They are an online company that has made special pricing agreements with FedEx for reduced rates on bicycles and bicycle parts. You basically fill out their online forms, make your payment and then they email you the FedEx shipping labels to stick on the box. You then either arrange to have a FedEx truck pick it up from your house or your drop it off at a FedEx store.

People should be using these guys no matter where they are shipping to. You are throwing money away if you don't.

Those are the tires that come on the Mongoose Beast. You can get the whole bike for $200.

Yep, those are definitely the same tires on the Mongoose Beast.

Thanks Guys!
At that price it'd be worth me buying 1 or 2 of them just for the tires, tubes, rims & cranks!!!

Walmart.com is saying out of stock (my area anyway)...
... so let me search the internet and see where in the States I can find them!!!

Thanks Again!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,

Thanks Guys!
At that price it'd be worth me buying 1 or 2 of them just for the tires, tubes, rims & cranks!!!

Walmart.com is saying out of stock (my area anyway)...
... so let me search the internet and see where in the States I can find them!!!

Thanks Again!
Blessings!
Will & Wendy,

Check out the FAT BIKES Forum for all things FAT
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?forums/fat-bikes.74/
Get the ToyRUs Dozer (same bike)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=33308186&cp=&parentPage=search

Latest posts

Back