TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-5/9

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-7/15-Local Old Guy

Keep this up, and in the future (I'll probably be dead) we're gonna here stories of a place called "Dingo Hollow"!

ANOTHER BIKE!
lol

Ran into my old friend, he asked me if i wanted some of his bike, i said sure
so i got all of this for $5...New crank for the american flyer
camera-gate638.jpg

KOTA said:
Keep this up, and in the future (I'll probably be dead) we're gonna here stories of a place called "Dingo Hollow"!

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

what size is that purple girls bike?(was just wondering because i want to put some white tires on my sons bike if its a 20" ill start looking at garage sales)

sensor said:
what size is that purple girls bike?(was just wondering because i want to put some white tires on my sons bike if its a 20" ill start looking at garage sales)
I picked up a China Schwinn girlie bike just for the tires and wheels 20 inch solid white tires and aluminum wheels....theyre out there.

only ones ive seen have been the freestyle 20"ers and theyre way to pricey for me.......or the knobby one(and wouldnt look right for what i want :cry:
thanks dingo for letting me know

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-7/19

Found this Aluminum NEXT bike at a garage sale for $5. It came with pegs but i gave them to someone. Couldnt pass it up, it has a cool sprocket
camera-gate642.jpg

camera-gate643.jpg

New-ISH tires too, and a freewheel extra spoked wheel, ive been looking for one

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-7/22

Found some more bikes today.
Was browsing the Port huron craigslist and saw this bike, emailed the guy and i got an email back today, he accepted my offer of $20
cameragate048.jpg

Its an interesting bike, in fair condition. I think firwalker has a bike really similar to this. I think he put bel air on the side.
cameragate049.jpg

IT was made in czechoslavia(sp) which i think is pretty cool
cameragate050.jpg

Thought the seat tube sticker was cool.
cameragate051.jpg

Awesome wheels, love em. Never saw a dropcenter type thing like this.
cameragate053.jpg

Cool tires.
cameragate054.jpg

Never saw a chainwheel like this. Of course its cottered too.

Driving home from picking this car up, i ran into this guy's house who's back yard was LOADED with bikes and stuff. I didnt have enough cash to buy anything...and i didnt know his address.

Oh!
and i cleaned my car!
cameragate055.jpg

Just the whitewalls and the headlights....yet to wash it
cameragate033.jpg

Before

Cleaned the rapido last night and hope to get a quick sale out of it. All i need to do is slap a longer banana seat on it and taller apes. Oh, and polish the rear wheel
if anyones interested, this will be for sale as soon as i find a seat...unles you want it all original
cameragate058.jpg

cameragate059.jpg

cameragate060.jpg

That looks heaps like the majority of Australian muscle bikes, in that it is lug brazed and uses cottered cranks with an english style BB - as opposed to the fillet brazed, 1pc/US BB schwinns etc. Pretty cool. How rad are off-brands?

lurker said:
That looks heaps like the majority of Australian muscle bikes, in that it is lug brazed and uses cottered cranks with an english style BB - as opposed to the fillet brazed, 1pc/US BB schwinns etc. Pretty cool. How rad are off-brands?
I think its very rad
lol
Markm said:
Thats cool, i would definatly consider that if i was keeping my bike

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-7/25

Friend called me today, he let me know his grandparents were getting rid of bikes. So, I picked em up...heh

Not bad at all for free.
A huffy "wind" 12 speed and a sears free spirit 3 speed
cameragate079.jpg

Paint is in pretty good condition, the tires ended up holding air
cameragate080.jpg

Maybe i can flip it....say....$35? $40?

cameragate081.jpg

I dont think the tires are holding air on this one, but hey, its in really nice shape. Theres lots of overspray on it though, it should come off
cameragate082.jpg

At the monent its not shifting(the cable isnt moving) but i havnt gotten a chance to mess with
cameragate084.jpg

cameragate085.jpg

This home-made mirror was on the bike...This is where all the overspray came from...interesting

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-7/30

Looks like Steve(Ratrod) has some competition when it comes to cleaning/detailing. That Rapido is a cool bike.

Back