The Yellow Spartan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a schwinn frame with a spartan badge that i've never seen before. Its staying yellow and growing some cream darts outlined with red pinstriping. different bars and all areas that are usually chrome are going to be blacked out or left bare metal. going for board track racer with a relaxed feel.

I added some personal touches to the bike. The leather straps will actually hold the tank on the frame but these ones are not long enough so for decoration I just have them strapped on the tank. I have to get a chain, do paintwork and straighten the rear fender. The badge cleaned up nice. For the people who think polishing a badge is bad I can tell you I only used soap water a cloth and a dot of brasso to bring out a shine but not enough to damage the paint. I want to add this custom graphic

to the tank. I like how this is coming so far and I hope all goes well from here (budget wise) So far I only have $75 into the whole thing! Right place right time and a lot of luck gets you to here but more $ gets this into new paint and custom pinstriping/graphics.

Looking to build a frame from tubing just like this! Any way you can send me the measurements/dimensions? Looks like a early 30's frame.

Its not going to change much. I have different plans for the paint than the yellow and white drawing. I'm working on a new drawing with yellow and dark red. Also the paint thats on there right now is like sandpaper because the metal is pitted underneath it. and it will have a chain. The hardest part will be converting the three speed hub into a single. I'll probably jam it in second with a second spring.

I'm going insane trying to take this paint off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

Its just not coming off?!?!?!
I've decided to just sand the yellow paint smooth and get it thin. Then do a million coats of primer and sand that between coats... not much else I can do for it. Its just so pitted under the paint.

Last edited:
Back