The Victim Gone to its new home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Victim

Yeah Steve that is what I thought. Might as well build it like I know how.
Well its heavy tacked together. Got to cleanup and head for the doctor. More later
DSCF0001-143.jpg

A lot cleaner on the "UncleS" BB swap ... It's like watching the guy make stuff out of balloons at a kids party with your builds, you know it's a bike before he started, but you don't know what will happen except it will be a lot cooler after he's done 8) Are you available for parties ?

Uncle Stretch said:
Yeah Steve that is what I thought. Might as well build it like I know how.
Well its heavy tacked together. Got to cleanup and head for the doctor. More later
DSCF0001-143.jpg
The clock on the wall says it is lunchtime. Doctor must be some Texan codeword for food. :mrgreen:

Thanks Ivan glad you like it so far.
Tommy I was going to do that. I have some tubing that would slide over the 1'' stuff. I could cut a 1/2''
piece and make a lug, but it wouldn't slide over the weld. Oh well its Chucks bike anyway. :roll:

CCR I actually can do balloons too. Just kidding. I thought I could do something different with those twin
tubes , but I had my doubts on how much strength I could get out of those small welds. This seemed better.

Clancy we have doctors that give appointments in the afternoon after they get out of surgery .I was lucky to
get one this quick. He gave me a bunch of pills. May have to stop building just to take all of them.
We did go by an all you can eat Mediterranean place that is fantastic. Its almost like its worth it to get sick
so we can stop there on the way home. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad everybody is happy with the build so far. Maybe tomorrow I can make it look like a bike frame again.

Yeah the other way may have looked cool. Its hard to tell. I don't seem to want to try new stuff. Guess I will always
be a mediocre builder. Its the guy that does different things that builds really awesome builds.
Glad yall liked it though. Should work out good.
The center bar is not straight. Its a little lower in the front and kinda looks like you messed up when
you made it. If you make it straight then it looks kinda funny too.

The worksman look
DSCF0001-144.jpg

Just another twin bar
DSCF0002-127.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
I don't seem to want to try new stuff. Guess I will always
be a mediocre builder. Its the guy that does different things that builds really awesome builds.

I don't know, you seem to do clean attractive builds. Some of the "creative" builds are interesting to look at but I'm not sure I'd want to ride them.

Yeah Peatbog I am thinking that looks better too. I may can make it a little more pronounced.
They have a hole in the frame under where the old ones were. I can cheat a little. The stretch
takes a little of the wider in the front look out.

I appreciate it Nick. I like to build good riding bikes that look pretty good too. My problem is I build Huffy's
and could take a chance and build a Switchblade. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Awesome! I now see the point of the "odd" bend in downtube and it makes lots of sense now. cant wait to see this one done.

Yeah Gary I never noticed it till CCR said it was just the top tube on the bottom.
I guess since everybody is watching , I need to finish this one up and build something
custom instead of messing up stock bikes. Heck my shop is all dirty again anyway. I will
get my wife to make some hot salsa and see if I can come up with a wild build in my dreams. :p

Uncle Stretch said:
Yeah Gary I never noticed it till CCR said it was just the top tube on the bottom.
I guess since everybody is watching , I need to finish this one up and build something
custom instead of messing up stock bikes. Heck my shop is all dirty again anyway. I will
get my wife to make some hot salsa and see if I can come up with a wild build in my dreams. :p

How about something like this but with pedals?

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66115#p635180

Oh no. Salsa dreams! Now I'm really gonna be on the computer more than I should! Just wait until I get my stuff all bent first please!
Never noticed that that unbalanced downtube was just a repurposed toptube until that was pointed out as well. I guess we do learn new stuff all the time. :shock:
Looking good and can't wait to see the finished product.

Nick that had to be hand made. I know they had lots of small companies in the 40's but that
is looking one off type of deal.
Sensor after looking at this frame a bunch, I bet with all the lugs that they could build this
frame without a jig. Stick it all together...hit it with some brass and heat it up. They are not that
precise on stuff.
What are you bending....I should be watching you! Got to be more exciting than this. I'm just playing
for the frozen members that can't get to their shops.

Ok got the OL bucket jig out to see where I'm going.
For some reason I think it looks better without the center tube. It's a worksman and I almost have
to put it in there , but if it was mine I might be tempted to leave it out.
DSCF0001-145.jpg

DSCF0003-54.jpg

The second tube give's it attitude !
Nice job as usual :wink:

Back