THE TRADITIONAL TERRY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am building this one for my boss. it is based on a very old schwinn "the world" frame not sure of the year maybe you guys could steer me in the right direction. up front is an old script hub laced to an S-2 with blue spoke nipples. the rear is a super rare (at least for me) very early bendex skip hub with the odd brass plating. i also spent some extra time polishing the brake arm as well. it is laced to a 24" S-2 again with more bule aluminum nipples. tires are felt, and a lot of elbow grease getting it to shine. i was thinking a traditional hot rod when building this one this is where i am at now.
ebay010-1.jpg

ebay009-1.jpg

ebay011-1.jpg

ebay008-2.jpg

ebay012-1.jpg

ebay007-2.jpg

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCK. Thats all i gotta say. oh, and you could probably take off the price tag from the brake arm now.

yes an aged brooks B68 will go on her. i have to get this one and two others done before wed so they can go to the march meet drag race. my boss drives a nostalgia front motor top fuel car called the cheetah 4.

just wondering if that bike has had a repaint at any time..........
the only thing ive seen with that frame style(arched upper rear and straight lower rear with the curved second bar) are these
http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1941 ... 8_009.html
but as you know....im not all that hep on the schwinns....maybe one of the schwinners can point you to a definite answer(whats the serial #? that might help narrow it down some also)

My guess would be late 30s - early 40s. My 35 has straight chain stays and seat stays. The down tube is also straight for 35. I think in late 36 they started using curved stays but, I'm not sure when the curved down tube came to be. I'm sure someone on here knows. Great looking bike. I like the color combo a lot. :mrgreen:

actually i am a bit confused about what it is as well. but for now until i find different it is a schwinn lol. and i am not sure about the paint if it was redone it was done so a very long time ago, but it does look like the cream scallops were redone within say the last 10 years.

Latest posts

Back