The Tank Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
white_cross said:
thanks for all of the positive comments. Though I do remember this was supposed to be a friendly web site. I really appreciated that about it. In the "bike build" section check out my "Sour Apple" build up. This was my first ever bike restoration. This bike build is what got me hooked on building bikes. I did all of the work on this bike myself (Mechanical, painting, Custom painting, chrome refurbishing).

Take no offense. This is a friendly site. Friendliest you'll find. All of the "criticism" above was meant in a constructive "hey I can talk you through that so you can save some money and have fun to boot" kind of way. We all pick our battles. I prefer not to run cables and I will not take apart rear hubs. (I have a mental block about them) Bottom brackets and head sets are wicked easy though.

Great bike!! Can't wait to see the progress. If it gets the Sour Apple treatment it will be sweet!! 8)

elvis51 said:
finishedramparosbmx008.jpg

Nice ride...... :wink:

Thats a sweet ride, it has a cool front end and a nice rear end... oh and the bike looks good too

but seriously this post died off i wanna see what happened to the rat tank, hey white cross any updates?

finishedramparosbmx008.jpg
[/quote]

Just wondering if these bikes hold any value? Right now I am considering trading it For a cruiser bike frame to make a clunker. Or sticking with the plan I have in my head for this bike. The plan would be a vintage harley dirt bike like this: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=...nGDbPokuxGy2sg5-A8UUg8SA&ust=1420586211813772

It would be orange and black with the race numbers. I am also just toying with the Idea of putting on a briggs and Stratton with a turbo charger. Now I look at the pictures of the harley and I got kind of excite on the build but I have 2 other builds I have to finish up first.

Just wondering if these bikes hold any value? Right now I am considering trading it For a cruiser bike frame to make a clunker. Or sticking with the plan I have in my head for this bike. The plan would be a vintage harley dirt bike like this: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http://www.msolisvintagemotorcycle.com/1978_mx-250&ei=fRurVIqLBsaYyAS78oKYAw&bvm=bv.82001339,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNFCNLnGDbPokuxGy2sg5-A8UUg8SA&ust=1420586211813772

It would be orange and black with the race numbers. I am also just toying with the Idea of putting on a briggs and Stratton with a turbo charger. Now I look at the pictures of the harley and I got kind of excite on the build but I have 2 other builds I have to finish up first.

The bike is awesome, let me get that out right now. Im not one of the bigger folks on Muscle style bikes or the like, Im mostly into prewar [and for some reason ladies frames] .

I run a '39 Columbia Westfield and a '69 Otasco Badged Murray.
Both Ladies.

Im really glad, after having read the first page of this Build, that you decided to look to the more positive aspects of things and not retiring due to the tone of a few members. Sometimes a guy means to chime in with a little helping hand, and ends up a bit aggressive here I find.. like the fellas said, gotta pick your battles.

In regards to your other two Bikes you're concerned about building prior to being able to finish this one/or sell, I feel if you enjoy this bike, its worth the patience to keep it aside and finish whats at hand,. Im not sure about you, but I've never seen another frame or for that matter whole bike set up like this one. It seems pretty unique, and given you found it with the same keen eye and enjoyment in its features, It might be worth moling over a while and considering how SWEET its gonna be done.

I think Im getting known here more for how Long my posts are, as apposed to my bikes and what Im doing with them, so I'll stop there!

Stay Cool~
FZ

The bike is awesome, let me get that out right now. Im not one of the bigger folks on Muscle style bikes or the like, Im mostly into prewar [and for some reason ladies frames] .

I run a '39 Columbia Westfield and a '69 Otasco Badged Murray.
Both Ladies.

Im really glad, after having read the first page of this Build, that you decided to look to the more positive aspects of things and not retiring due to the tone of a few members. Sometimes a guy means to chime in with a little helping hand, and ends up a bit aggressive here I find.. like the fellas said, gotta pick your battles.

In regards to your other two Bikes you're concerned about building prior to being able to finish this one/or sell, I feel if you enjoy this bike, its worth the patience to keep it aside and finish whats at hand,. Im not sure about you, but I've never seen another frame or for that matter whole bike set up like this one. It seems pretty unique, and given you found it with the same keen eye and enjoyment in its features, It might be worth moling over a while and considering how SWEET its gonna be done.

I think Im getting known here more for how Long my posts are, as apposed to my bikes and what Im doing with them, so I'll stop there!

Stay Cool~
FZ

Thanks for the encouragement and complements. I too am more into the prewar and slightly after type of bikes, but I also have an interest in unique bikes. I seem to pick up never heard of or rarely seen bikes with out realizing it!

Back