The Superchief

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up at a bike sale last weekend. Chain was completely rusted solid, rims were rusted through, handlebars broken, but I just couldn't pass up the double sprung fork.....

Before:
mail-7.jpg

After:
mail-6.jpg

mail-8.jpg

added rims and tires, seat, bars and grips that were just taking up space in my garage.

Front tire is a Carlisle Lightning with the Indian Head logo.....love how it matches the Indian Head logo on the headbadge.

Will be attempting a removal of the brushed-on white paint very soon......stay tuned! Going to keep it rat rod style, though, no repainting, etc. maybe sanding and a clear coat after the removal of the white paint....

If anyone has any info about this bike model (Superchief), I'd appreciate you posting it. Thanks!

Professor Paul

very kool bike...the new mods look even better. i like the idea of clear coating it, it really brings
out the colors, rust etc...there is a clear coat for hot rods out there that is matte if you want it to
look original but protect it. keep up the good work.

man these forks are showing up all over the place, that is a sweet looking bike, just clear coat over it , it has great looking texture.

check out my bike the red baron in the builds section if ya want...im running the same forks you got there.
I'd get an old saddle or something, that seat looks too new for the bike :lol:

....i just saw the paint was brushed on...thats a shame but it looks nice in the photos :p

Joshua,

Wow, that Red Baron project is amazing! I love how those forks look!

I'm currently looking for an older saddle....the one on it is much too new, but was better for riding it than the alternative! ;)

any thoughts on where i could pick one up?

OK, I used some acetone to start the white paint removal. What was revealed was some great detail on the tank (scripted text Superchief)!

Also, I took the chainguard off to remove the paint on it and decided I'm leaving it off......just looks way rattier that way!

mail-27.jpg

mail-28.jpg

gotta run out for some more nail polish remover to continue the work....more updates soon!

don't worry, I'm not painting the tank or anything else for that matter. just stripping off the brushed-on white paint and then a quick sand job to cut back the rust a bit, and a clear coat with matte finish. At least, that's all I have planned for now....you guys know how this stuff goes! Just whenyou think you get a bike perfect.....you see that one more little detail that needs to be added.

The color of the seat I am looking for would be black, ideally, but brown would also look pretty .......

This thing is gonna look awsome clearcoated! :D :D :D I've got a simular project in the part aquiring stage. :roll: Keep it up! :wink:
L8 EM

Nevermind, here it goes

This one is i think is NOS, its just a little bit dirty
camera-gate059-1.jpg

camera-gate060-1.jpg

This one was recovered, and the springs just bottom out when you sit on it
camera-gate061-1.jpg

camera-gate062.jpg

then these three...the last 2 are the same...both person the 1st brown one is just dirty, ill clean it up for you if your interested
camera-gate063.jpg

camera-gate064.jpg

I might still have some other seats, ill let you know

cool, man...i like the brown rounded one all on it's own. message me and maybe we can work something out. if you've got any bananas too, i'd be interested....

Back