"THE STRETCHER"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this bikes now called "THE STRETCHER"!! Makes sense, being a medic themed stretch bike!!!!!!

l_02243cd15827490b9d7815635b2986b5.jpg

ok this things cool! it's a medic satchel that I bought at an army surplus store for $15!! It's basically a cloth covered box and it has a few flaps which were used to hold morphine and utensils (perfect for my tools!!!!)
l_f96147e5ed5f4872b007bc6b750d19d6.jpg

l_6da1701df2a64012b1413d6a56caae08.jpg

l_7c33952420d8451da379260dc485a6e2.jpg

I mounted two .50 cal amo boxes on the rear tire and plan to mount tail lights in them and a speaker system. I could have gotten the large amo boxes, which looked a little better, but weighed 20 lbs a piece! and Im not up tp pushin ANOTHER 40 lbs on an almost 80lb bike as it is!
l_c0664e1e63304c068548f66d5ecf61cb.jpg

sorry the pics arent very good, but when i get a good day Ill take her out by the trains again and make a new topic witht he better pics....

that an awesome bike,but personally i would change the wheels.

Nicely done.I love the name and that front pack.How did you mount the ammo boxes?
I feel you on the extra weight.I have one and they are a pain just to walk 'cuz they are so low. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Smellslike1974 said:
yeah i want to...i want to keep the 144 spoke though just cuz its a prime attention getter that leads people to check the rest of it, but i want 24 inch 144 wheels with 3 inch wide bricks or something a little more old school bobber style. my friend keoki had the white ones which i think would be great against the green. so if anyones up for a trade let me know!

ExtraBlaze said:
Nicely done.I love the name and that front pack.How did you mount the ammo boxes?
I feel you on the extra weight.I have one and they are a pain just to walk 'cuz they are so low. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

super easy, i drilled a hole at the mid-point and about an inch from the bottom and ran the left over threading of the axle through it and just used another nut and washer to hold it in place. then, when i new it was mounted straight, i traced the frame on the side of the amo box and drilled two holes 1.5 inches apart and used a 1.5 inch u-bolt to wrap around the frame and mount on the inside of the box....make sense?...look back at my old pics of my bike and check when i had it in a bobber set up. its looked so so much lower than it does now.

A-ha.U-bolts nice.I figured the axle part,but didn't think through how you kept them so straight.Looks great,the way they float. :mrgreen:

PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
Smellslike1974 said:
yeah i want to...i want to keep the 144 spoke though just cuz its a prime attention getter that leads people to check the rest of it, but i want 24 inch 144 wheels with 3 inch wide bricks or something a little more old school bobber style. my friend keoki had the white ones which i think would be great against the green. so if anyones up for a trade let me know!

Or what if you just spray the spokes the matching green but leave the rims chrome.

Smellslike1974 said:
PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
Smellslike1974 said:

Or what if you just spray the spokes the matching green but leave the rims chrome.

cool idea, but im not feeling like unspoking and re spoking those bad boys or taping them all off, so i would probably spray the complete wheel, but i still want them 24 inch!!!!

I love the look of the ammo cans....putting lights and speakers in them is a great idea!

I've got a few in my garage that I'll someday have to put to good use....

aka_locojoe said:
Yes speakers in the cans is a good idea. My Army bike had ammo can panniers also but I never thought of using them as speaker enclosures. That would've helped in my "bicycle audio" dilemma. I sold the bike though.

SORRY I DIDNT CATCH THAT THREAD!
Yeah its perfect for them because the are almost air tight! and perfect for my tail light idea, i plan to use old willys jeep tail lights and a small battery, so theres plenty of room and protection!

Looks good. The medic bag is cool. I also did a Army build with ammo cans. Mine hang on the rear rack and are removable.

Back