The Starbard "Bolt On" Boardtrack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm excited to be on board for my first buildoff ever! :D

I am starting with an early Colson 26" camelback frame. Likely from the '20's, as it originally had singletube tires.

The direction for this one is a boardtrack mock. The first part of this plan is to be achieved with a new rear end. I am contriving plans for a fork modification, have located some steel to make a full size tank, the rest will come as I go I guess. I have dug up a few photos from google for inspiration. I'm thinking maroon and cream paint, or maybe baby blue, cream, and red (when I get there), my name on the tank, dunno what else yet... hope you all are liking it so far!

BEFORE:

2vchlvm.jpg

sy6o49.jpg

2qurdk5.jpg

4iee5l.jpg

PROGRESS: new rear end in the works using a detachable CCM rear stay and some other junk...

2j4ees4.jpg

2qscr9z.jpg

2wdzrm0.jpg

2nta6ol.jpg

fenderhole said:
with a little creative thinking that could definitely be the beginnings of a very cool rear suspension :D

Thanks! I got a lot of inspiration from your sweet stretch build... :mrgreen:

don't see too many ccm parts state side. very interesets to see where you take this.

i just so happen to have a very similar bike,(in very simialar condition) with a very similar bolt on (ccm made) raleigh rear stay. :)

IMG_0147-1.jpg

Wow, very very cool! That is a nice looking bike. I take it that it's got 700C wheels?

Back