The Sexy Rexy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had some downtime recently and have been able to finally start working on my bike. It's a 61 Schwinn Spitfire, and I'm calling it Sexy Rexy. I put it together to see how it would look, and I'm torn between the two forks I have. One, the green one in the picture is from a Schwinn speedster.
mockup1.jpg

The other is from a typhoon I believe.
mockup3.jpg

From what I have so far I really like the look of it, but I think I'm more partial to the Speedster fork. I'm using 24 x 1.75" wheels so I don't think I have to worry about tire clearance. What do you guys think?

I expect the green fork would be a little more of a relaxed ride, but the blue one would give better turning capabilities, due to slightly reduced trail. As far as appearance goes, I'd agree w/the green.

The speedster fork seems to go with the swoopy lines of the canti frame. The typhoon fork lines up well with the seay post tube. They both would work well. I like the speedster fork best. What about prepping both during the build to see which one will work best. Also, try riding the bike with each one as I'm sure they will feel and handle differently.

I didn't think about the trail on the bike, thanks deor. It's pretty much flatland where I'm at, lots of straight runs, so I don't think that should be a problem. I was really more worried about pedal clearance, but that shouldn't be a problem either.

Latest posts

Back