The Sex change bike (update) it's finished with pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made a post yesterday about how disappointed I was with the new Kmart bikes, I had hoped to buy one. :cry: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12278 On my way home from Kmart I went by the two Thrift stores we have in town. The first one was a bust, only two bikes, I wasn't interested in either of them, but the second store had a girls cruiser bike just like the new boys bike I was going to buy at Kmart. It wasn't in bad shape, just dirty, and priced at $40.00. The plus side was that it must have been a little older, because the chrome fenders were the nice sturdy ones, It didn't look to have to many miles on it. I didn't buy it because it wasn't what I had wanted. I thought about it last night, and decided to go buy it. Well today I scratched off the LOTTO tickets I got for Christmas, and won $40.00. :D Well I bought it, and here are some pictures of it as it was when I brought it home, and after about 3 hours of work. Enjoy. Oh, I bought it for $35.00 total, I asked the clerk if she could do any better on the price. 8)
100_0229.jpg
The victim
100_0230.jpg
The carnage
100_0232.jpg
The mock up
The finished product.
100_0264.jpg

100_0265.jpg

100_0266.jpg

100_0267.jpg

100_0269.jpg

100_0270.jpg

100_0271.jpg

Re: The Sex change bike

Nice.....VERY NICE!! I am so envious of those of you who can weld. Excellent conversion, the lines flow as if it was designed this way.

I put this bike back together today, and rode it. It was an unusually warm day for January in Missouri, 73 deg. I built a chopped rear fender for it today, and as I was mocking it all up, I thought, why not put it back together, and ride it before I tear it down for paint. It rode real nice. I hope to tear it down tomorrow and start to paint it. I do have to help my wife take down the Christmas decorations though. I hope that doesn't take all day.

ratina said:
no pics of the mock up?
It looks the same as the last picture in the first part of this post, only with a short chrome rear fender, and a chain. I didn't get to work on it today. We took down all the Christmas lights, then I went to the stepsons and mounted his new 42" TV on his wall. He's not to mechanically inclined.

Big Fat Whitewalls said:
ratina said:
no pics of the mock up?
It looks the same as the last picture in the first part of this post, only with a short chrome rear fender, and a chain. I didn't get to work on it today. We took down all the Christmas lights, then I went to the stepsons and mounted his new 42" TV on his wall. He's not to mechanically inclined.

Sweet...cant wait to see it done!

It's been really cold here. I haven't been able to work on the bike. It's supposed to warm up this weekend, so I hope to paint it, and finish it up. It takes a lot to heat the shop when it drops below 20 deg. I'm layed off now, so I did some things in the house this week. I just finished painting the frontroom tonight. Dean

Well it was supposed to be in the high 40's today, but I woke up to snow. It was really cold all day. I don't know what tomorrow will be like, plus it's my birthday, so this weekend might not see much bike building. Maybe I can do something on the bike Sunday.

happy birthday ! did you have to bend the tube that you used on top any or was it just cut, grind and reweld? it looks great!

bits n pieces said:
happy birthday ! did you have to bend the tube that you used on top any or was it just cut, grind and reweld? it looks great!
It's as cut out, but with about 2 inches added to one end. The lower straight bar is a piece of tubing I had on hand. I did take the bend out of the bottom tube though.

Just a little update on this bike. I just started a new job that gives me Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off, WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! :D The weather has been COLD, but this weekend was fantastic, plus the wife is out of town too. :D I finished the body work today, and it's in primer. I'll sand it for paint tomorrow, and I plan on painting it tomorrow also. Hopefully the paint will dry pretty fast, and I can put it together. I can't wait to finish it, as I have other bikes to do. Dean

Update. The paint it done, it came out pretty nice. I didn't start on it early enough to put it together today, so maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll post pictures of the finished product when it's done. Dean

Latest posts

Back