The Scat Pack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooh! Mopars! My favourite!

Here's a couple from my past (apologies for the lousy pictures).

1970 Duster w/340 power. Of the few musclecars I've owned, this is my favourite. Fast and simple. I ran it in primer for many years, long before ratty was cool. Of course, I wasn't cool back then, I just had an ugly car :roll: And then I painted it, which seems to be the kiss of death for my cars because I sold not long after.

duster1pc7.jpg

1971 'Cuda 340. I love the look of these, but they're heavier than the A-bodys and a lot more expensive to restore. This one ended up being sold to someone who wanted it a whole lot more than I did. It went to a good home.

cudatl6.jpg

For now, I do have a Vitamin C orange '70 stashed away, but do you think I can find a picture of it? Noooo, of course not. Drat. The orange car has the drivetrain from the red '70. (I kept the good stuff when I sold the red car)

-Mp

A 340 CUDA AND DUSTER!?!?!?!?!??!!??!!?!?!!?!?!!?!??!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

o my word
u lucky lad
and you sold em!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and MAN is that 69 SAWEET!

wow that is the most expensive work bench i have seen :shock: watch the paint :shock:

haahhahahaah
don't worrry
theres towels under everything and it is just more of a die cast storer displayer
never stay there to to long :D :D

moparmayhem93 said:
A 340 CUDA AND DUSTER!?!?!?!?!??!!??!!?!?!!?!?!!?!??!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

o my word
u lucky lad
and you sold em!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and MAN is that 69 SAWEET!

Yup, sold ‘em both.

The Duster was sold to help pay for college. That car I did miss, which is why I now have another ’70 Duster. The A-bodies, particularly Dusters and Demons are still my favorite Mopars.

The ‘Cuda was sold because it had become a burden. The effort and commitment had come to vastly outweigh the enjoyment of owning it. I owned the car for fifteen years, had a lot of fun with it, and I haven’t once regretted selling it. To everything there is a season and so on and so forth.

Are those drum brakes I see on the front of the Coronet? I hope some disks find their way on there when you get the 440 power in that car. Brake fade is not fun. Trust me on that one...

mastershake916 -- that IS a sweet Barracuda :D What are your plans for it? It looks to be pretty complete.

-Mp

Multipass said:
mastershake916 -- that IS a sweet Barracuda :D What are your plans for it? It looks to be pretty complete.
I want to get it going, it doesn't seem it need much, it worked about 13 years ago when it was parked, even though nothing was drained at the time.

Hugo said:
You guys know that there's already a "Show us your cars" topic, right? :wink:

Hugo

True, but a lot of us (my self included) are easily distracted by shiny things...

-Mp

hahaha
sorry hugo
it kinda strayed

yes those are drum brakes
the 440 is kinda encouragement for disc brakes
we've got some but there for a 73 chrysler new yorker that my dad traded a gun for
the wheels won't fit over the brakes so theres another problem
as for now with no cash flow the car is patiently waiting
there is quite a story behind it and my dad has owned it twice
yes 2 coutin em 2 times
it is only a 29 thousand mile car so i have a feeling it'll be around long enough for us to finish

Multipass.......
i don't beleive it
how can a small block 340 cuda be a burden
ok so i can see that
but MAN those are sweet cars
and in regards to the dusters and demons
my grandma use to drive a slant 6 one around that my dad brought home from arkansas
i no where the car is and i agree
those are some pretty terrific cars

but if i had my chouice i would like a pre 67 (yeah right)
coronet, cuda,dart, or anything for that matter but for now
its just bicycles

THANKS!

Back