The Scarlet Groundhog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm a real newb to all this but I recently purchased my first vintage bike. I got it at "Back In the Day Bicycles" in Parkville Missouri. I think it's a mid-60's Hawthorne. I thought I would post a couple of before pics and then post pics as it takes shape into whatever it becomes. All I had done up to this point is lower the seat (I'm a short guy) and tilt the bars down.
IMG00132.jpg
.....I like the way that looks better anyway.
The name Scarlet Groundhog comes from my love of groundhogs....I don't know why...they're cute! OK!...and I had a 1988 red Isuzu Trooper 4wd that I dubbed the Scarlet Groundhog (LOVED it!). The bike was red the tires are fat, what the heck.
IMG00135.jpg

I plan to start working on it through the winter, So we'll see how it turns out!

Oh yeah! One more pic...Note the "Custom Joker n Jack" v-twin! You don't want to mess with this bike! LOL!!!
BikeJnJ.jpg
...and by the way, "Betty" is my mom's name.

how many cc's are those playing cards... with those i expect you to win racing me! thanks for the plug!

Back