The Roddler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool. Great idea into converting into a trike. I wonder what is the cost?

will they make adult versions?
me want one waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(sucks thumb)

Nahhh... too overdone for such a low speed vehicle althought the quality and finish look great... maybe only if you are cruising around in a Hot Rod meet. When I had to choose some months ago I went with an euro style Quinny Buzz, lightweight, turns on a dime, opens up by itself with a pneumatic cilynder in the main tube, looks nice and you can use it as a convertible:

S6004746.jpg

or in a few seconds as a roadster:

S6004750.jpg

oh the cad software is goin into overtime on this one, hehehe scale up a lil bit for my lard butt, but do able.

...!! I bet in a few years they may not be in business. Possibly to be found in the local big lots stores (HA!HA!) Have a nice 4TH everyone.

i met the person who makes these at the new york auto show, they werent showing the stroller but they were using it with their kid and i saw it in the corner of my eye
shes a pretty cool person and its really cool to look at in person

I don't mean to resurrect an old topic but I am just finding this site and string. My business partner and I invented the Roddler and own Kid Kustoms [Vanilla_Gorilla met Elly from Tots on the Go]. I love your feedback! Except for some of the more cynical types that bet on our demise. That is a little of a bummer since we work so hard to put ourselves and our ideas out there and they are pretty authentic. Our other business is a design agency that specializes in Hot Rods and other transportation design so the references and inspiration is pretty clear. Anyways, before you bet against us and start sifting through the local Big lots, we have a lot more in the works we think you will love. Aside from our kids product, we are developing the trike for adults and getting more into toddler/kids products. The Roddler is built to order in California of 6061 billet aluminum. It is by no means something that you can find and refurbish. I am going to post a Roddler from the ground up in the build section for anyone who is interested in checking it out. It'll reinforce why 2-wheel flyer's Quinny is still just a stroller [albeit a nice one, and cute kid].
I am also a big bike fan so I will get some shots up or my personal rides as soon as they get shipped back. I completely rebuilt a '99 Cannondale killer-V and I have a '07 M800 that is going to be complete hot rod [next is powder coated and pin striping].

Definitely very well thought out, and nicely executed. But remember, KidKustoms, you're dealing with a bunch of people (us) that pick stuff up from the side of the street, or in trash bins...........This obviously wasn't the clientele you were aiming for. :lol: There's STILL a lot of people out there with a lot of money, who wouldn't even bat an eye at the price. NICE product and good luck!
Oh yeah! WELCOME!......We'd love to see your bikes.

Welcome KidKustoms, am glad you don't mind I posted your trike over here. Only reason was the stunning design, as this is a bikeforum, not a parental advisory board on how to spend your money, or how to run your bussiness :wink: I hope the credit crunch didn't hit you too hard !

Can't wait to see the adultversion :mrgreen:

Kids outgrow strollers pretty quick. I had a hard time paying $100 for one, I can't imagine paying 2 grand. Maybe NBA players or rap stars would be interested though.

ChadB said:
Kids outgrow strollers pretty quick. I had a hard time paying $100 for one, I can't imagine paying 2 grand. Maybe NBA players or rap stars would be interested though.

Hey Chad,
You are the majority of the market. Lebron James likes his! I think it might be a better comparison if you look at the cost of a nice road or mountain bike...where you get 4+ good years of use out of it. A lot depends on how important that kind of stuff is. To the hot rod guy that can match a stroller to his '32 Ford, getting this over a billet accessory is a no brainer. There are a lot of people in kiddie product land that spend a grand on a stroller that sees 2 years of use max and then serves no function whatsoever. On top of it, it has the same run of the mill looks and constructed of cheapie tubing. We'd love to make it for cheaper and are working on it. The only thing harder then getting customers to spend in this economy is prying money away from investors for consumer products.
We started a fun project of some hot rod accessories for more conventional strollers like drop axle kits and billet wheels. You can check it out at http://www.airbornemini.com
I appreciate your guys comments though!

KidKustoms said:
ChadB said:

Hey Chad,
You are the majority of the market. Lebron James likes his! I think it might be a better comparison if you look at the cost of a nice road or mountain bike...where you get 4+ good years of use out of it. A lot depends on how important that kind of stuff is. To the hot rod guy that can match a stroller to his '32 Ford, getting this over a billet accessory is a no brainer. There are a lot of people in kiddie product land that spend a grand on a stroller that sees 2 years of use max and then serves no function whatsoever. On top of it, it has the same run of the mill looks and constructed of cheapie tubing. We'd love to make it for cheaper and are working on it. The only thing harder then getting customers to spend in this economy is prying money away from investors for consumer products.
We started a fun project of some hot rod accessories for more conventional strollers like drop axle kits and billet wheels. You can check it out at http://www.airbornemini.com
I appreciate your guys comments though!

I applaud your efforts and your innovation, it just seems to me that the market for such a high end stroller would be, extremely limited, to put it mildly. A kid would get alot more use out of a tricycle...I'd imagine the high roller set would be more apt to buy your tricycle than a stroller.

Latest posts

Back