The Realm Brand - another dimension of cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there have been a few people who have posted their "the Realm" cruisers here but there really isn't much info about these bikes available online. I am starting this post to display my last encounter with one of these bikes and also to attempt to list some information to the brand here. Also, so anyone else who might know more can have a place to add to it.

Here is what I know:
They are or were a surfing fashion brand.

They have a website at www.realmnation.com which has some bikes linked on it but none of them are matches to the ones posted here.

The brand was between 2001 and 2006 licensed in the US to Motiv Sports. I believe this to be the era which the bike I show here and the other one that comes up from time to time are from.

I imagine these bikes are imports and probably fall into the same category as a Micargi or something of that level as far as build and quality goes. But there are some different features which make them stand apart.

The bikes differ from cookie cutter makers in a couple different ways, the first is the use of a single tube in it's frames where most brands use the usual 2 seat stay tubes. More like a Columbia or 50's Schwinn and harkening back to the Klunker frames both models look more sturdy than the rest of the pack. The second thing that stands out for these bikes is the branding. It seems every single part has been built for the Realm. The tires tread pattern is the logo, the crank arms and chainwheel sport the name and logo, the seat, the grips, anyplace it could be done, the Realm name is emblazoned.

Even further on this model, the frame is aluminum and very light, the wheels are aluminum as well and feature thinner than normal width and contact area. The rear is a fork end unlike the standard drop out's on most other cruisers and the front end sports a springer fork. Did I mention the over sized fenders it comes with?

The model I got was black and silver accents but the other one that is posted here looks completely different. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/suggestions-for-beach-cruiser-tires.92170/
Both looks are cool and both are definitely not the normal cruiser look.

Here is a further write up and gallery I put on my site about my version
http://avdigitaldesign.com/chingon/?p=1184

Hope you like my version of this brand's Aluminum cruiser and if you know anything more on this brand's history or demise... feel free to add it here.
20150722_180539-e1437728279925-1024x576.jpg
20150729_201830-1024x576.jpg
20150730_221040-1024x576.jpg
20150802_190622-1024x576.jpg

As luck would have it, I just found an ad for some cruisers in Newport Beach, lo and behold I picked up one more of these and one of the orange variety... Much worse shape than this one however...

20150807_133358-1024x576.jpg
20150807_133411-1024x576.jpg

Thanks for the info! Have to keep eyes open for one of these they look interesting. Wonder if any of these were sold in Wisconsin?

So then at least it was built to higher standards than the Padific built bikes... it always makes me a little sad when i think of how the Schwinn and GT brands were pulled out of the country...
i usually have a good eye for the Schwinn's, but when they have the stems like that one, I get cloudy, thinking it could be a huffy with a schwinn chainwheel or any number of the other brands. When I can see the kickstand... most of the time I can make a guess.
I went to high school with Craig Turner, his dad Gary made him a bike once that a couple other people liked as well... so I've been feeling a little glib lately as
this past weekend they had the official launch of Gary Turner BMX. thumbing their nose at their fate, they just brought their brand back home. It would be unreal if something similar ever were to happen with Schwinn...
http://www.gt1972.com/

I purchased two red and creme theRealm cruisers from craigslist, upon first look i saw they were in good shape but once home found them to be in like never ridden shape or maybe a couple times ,however sitting aroundfor a while and rust had gotten to the right side of one of them ,if my spelling is bad its cause ive been trying to remove the rust and thumbs bust up !!!lol,i only have pics of one as ive been cleaning it .and pic of the day i got the home of the two along with a third my motorisetheRealm.
91faa0a5565522068be7b5d6f04e7e60.jpg
1ef8df842ae1dafa80ee5691a52dd666.jpg
b2525ba4a33fefc358ede8d498fe4efb.jpg
940b1834ec0c836d4034b5d1b2fd6694.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Ony way home today after work and checking out the orange newer frame last night spot this one or two didnt relize the ggold one had the Realm parts on it till zooming in on it !!!
Well rims and tires maybe fenders ,this was in waikiki ,honolulu ,hawaii and its in well used condition i looked breifly and kinda look like steel welds but i thought it was supposed to be aluminum ,anyhow i like its stance and maybe ill make an offer that would make four ,still hiding the new two from GF ,lol but maybe ill come clean tonight .[emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]
49130eddd39d277518645399a7cb2940.jpg

Well let the truth set you free.!!!pumped, polished,tightened lubed not deep but in time ,dang noticed its mussing a reflector ,lol.now i get to cleanp up the better of the two that ones missing the nut for the seat !!! May need to rest thumb,its beaten and battered frim cleaning .aloha DCMOTO
9014a24dae14a3464adf862f74baa998.jpg

Back