"the peanut butter wolf", my one and only...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
every other bike ive ever built i have sold. ill never get rid of this one, its my baby. its a 1986 firenze gl5000 i picked up at a garage sale for $3. it was originally blue and a 10-speed. i painted it a color called sand, and converted it to singlespeed with 52/18 freewheel setup. the light, rack, and license plate have been added over time. its only logged about 300 miles since i built it 8 months ago. questions/comments welcome.

100_0455.jpg

100_0456.jpg

100_0457.jpg

You KNOW I'll like this one :mrgreen: The colour is a great choice for this style bike.

How do find the 52/18 gearing? (I run 42/16 on my fixie and it's a little steep for the hills around my neighborhood)

-Mp

Multipass said:
How do find the 52/18 gearing? (I run 42/16 on my fixie and it's a little steep for the hills around my neighborhood)

-Mp

im kind of fortunate that phoenix is pretty flat. i feel like the little engine that could going up steep hills, but on long straightaways i can hit 35+ mph.

I love it!
There is just something about a minimalist bike that makes me want to go ride.

Your bike is similar to my Trek.... except that mine has a coaster brake, and is bright red. As far as dailly riders go, it's my fav.

I have a 52 / 14 set up on mine.... but then again, I ride in Ft Lauderdale FL which has no hills at all. The 52 front came with the bike, so that's what I used.... but if you need one, Harris Cyclery has them for fairly low prices.

Good work Nuge

Back