THE MOTO ELGIN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I'm finally done with my pre-war Elgin build.

I switched a few things out recently. First I used the mint set of 85 Pro Class wheels I got off an old Mongoose ATB mountain bike (thanks James).

Next I added a new chrome chain and a very cool vintage Viscount MX seat that Skid Mark sold me.

It has turned out to be my favorite bike of all mainly because I searched and scrounged for every part on it and built it the way I like it.

I keep it at my office at the church and ride it daily. It's a very light bike and is a blast to cruise around on.

Here are the specs...

- Pre War Elgin frame
- Skull Skates Cruiser Handlebars
- 80s Pro Neck II BMX stem
- Tange BMX Headset
- 80s Pro Class 26 x 1.75 wheels
- 80s Sugino Road VX cranks
- Chrome Z Chain
- Shimano Freewheel
- VP Bear Trap Pedals
- 80s MX Brakes
- AME Tri Grips
- Viscount MX Seat
- Kenda Red Wall 26 x 2.125 Tires

Here's the eye candy...

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Awesome ride RatRod! Since you love that one so much you should sell me that 24" Gt! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
L8 EM

Very Sweet bike.. I regret selling that exact same frame I had a year ago.. Hmm I may have to crack the piggybank to get those handlebars..

Looks good. Those handlebars make any thing look tough.

What handlebars do you have on it's newer counterpart -Dyno Moto 7?

theres not a single thing i would change about that bike. except it would be in my garage instead of yours. nice ride Steve. would make a killer daily rider!!!

Easy E

Back