THE MIXTIE PIXIE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooch said:
lol you got the bike bug bad!
remember back when you could drive and just watch the road? lol
i am constantly watching back yards and the sides of houses lol
cant even walk by a rack full of bikes with out looking for a jewel in the crowd

I do it too.. I think we all do.

low_life said:
Rat Rod said:

wow is there anything special about that one? There's a guy on craigslist that has 3 of those pixies for 40 each or all 3 for a hundered i was thinking of getting 1 but if i could flip for that much i'd get all 3

The only thing I can think of is that the one on Ebay was original and everything seemed to be in perfect condition. Looks like a case of bidding frenzy. If I can find some tires for these wheels I'll be putting it on the auction block soon.

Rat Rod said:
low_life said:
Rat Rod said:
The only thing I can think of is that the one on Ebay was original and everything seemed to be in perfect condition. Looks like a case of bidding frenzy. If I can find some tires for these wheels I'll be putting it on the auction block soon.

I think i may take the chance and get all 3.
Here's some pics that he sent me.
Sorry so big can't resize at work.
They all seem to be in good shape and original. 2 have dents in the rear fender but heck for $100 maybe i'll chance it

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Wow..yeah, you hit the mother load there. That would come out to $33 each which is a pretty good deal even if you could flip them for $100 each.

I swapped out the original wheels with some chrome 16" wheels off a $5 donor bike from our local resale shop. Headed down to
the local LBS and bought this pair of tires for $19 including tax. No more silly hard rubber tires that are apparently impossible to find.

Now she's all polished up and ready to ride, minus the training wheels.

100_4068.jpg

100_4077.jpg

100_4087.jpg

100_4072.jpg

100_4076.jpg

100_4082.jpg

100_4081.jpg

That's a sharp looking little bike.

Nicely done once again Steve :D

No more silly hard rubber tires that are apparently impossible to find.

I think you're much better off with the standard wheels you've put on. Makes the bike a lot more usable.

-Mp

Multipass said:
I think you're much better off with the standard wheels you've put on. Makes the bike a lot more usable.
-Mp

Thanks guys!

And oddly enough, I am actually able to ride this little bike, ha ha! I'm only 5'9" so I can barely sit on the seat and cruise around. Makes my kiddos laugh anyway. :wink:

As usual with Schwinns, it's as solid as a tank so that helps when a grown man is tooling around on it.

Wow, I just read through this thread.

That was a unreal find and what a beauty it turned out to be, nice one!

What would it cost to see a video of you scootin' around on it? LOL

kenny p said:
Wow, I just read through this thread.

That was a unreal find and what a beauty it turned out to be, nice one!

What would it cost to see a video of you scootin' around on it? LOL

Well, I have yet to post a photo of me in my RRB shirt so I think I have found the bike to be sitting on for that photo. I should be able to pull off a little video action as well. Now if I could only get that "vintage 8mm wonder years over exposed kenny p video filter" to work. :wink:

Sweet lil bike. Cleans up nicely and the wheel switch was a smart move.

Now I am kicking myself for not buying the one like that at the bike swap.

There is something gratifying about working on a smaller scale for a change.

Everything just seems to be easier, not to mention that they fit on the work bench. :)

I'll have fun swapping out handlebars and seats soon to create it's alter ego.

Latest posts

Back