"The Lucky 13" - NEWS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my second bike (well actually i bought it before my "Silent Bob", but it's finished later...). Originally it was a 2006 Felt Vintage Iron 400 Cross and i rode it for about half a year when I decided that it would be time to make something better out of it...

Almost original ( I only changed the saddle and the pedals and added some lights):
100_0792.jpg

The plan:
lucky13.jpg

(yes it is handmade :lol: )

...and the parts I wanted to use:
- 24" Rigida DH80 rims
- WhiteWall Thick Bricks
- Sachs Torpedo 3-speed-hub
- 1950's Fichtel & Sachs Shifter
- Project 346 3-piece crank

Step 1: Disassembly
Foto0129.jpg

Step 2: Buying parts and waiting to get the parts back from powder coating...
100_0005-4.jpg

Step 3: wheelset ready and crank build in...
Foto0159.jpg

Step 4: Cutting down the fork about 9cm...
Before:
Foto0160.jpg

Foto0161.jpg

After:
Foto0188.jpg

Foto0187.jpg

And thats the stage where I am stuck now... I hope to get the bike rideable before the new year...

Re: Felt Cruiser "The Lucky 13"

Nice clean job. The larger tires are a plus for looks. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I hope to get it done soon... what is still to do:
- center the front wheel in the fork
- get the Aheadset clamp in the steering tube
- get another Aheadset clamp in the bottom side of the steering tube (there the headlight will be mounted)
- some minor pinstriping on the headlight and chainguard
- get a chain and some small parts for the drum brake and the 3-speed hub

blackcruzer said:
Look Nice! Who did you use for powdercoating?

As I am not skilled in powdercoating, I handed it to a small company that usually does industrial powdercoating. So the coating is very thick and extremely scratch resistant (anyway I managed it to get some small scratches on the fork :x ).

That is coming out to be a really nice look.
Being a Felt owner too, I know the frames are made pretty well, but I didn't care much for the original appearance of that model and wondered what they would look like with "applied imagination." You've answered that question well. There were things with their design that catch the eye... and with your imagination application, it is VERY eye catching.

I'll be watching to see the finished product. I LIKE red!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

rat royale said:
That is coming out to be a really nice look.
Being a Felt owner too, I know the frames are made pretty well, but I didn't care much for the original appearance of that model and wondered what they would look like with "applied imagination." You've answered that question well. There were things with their design that catch the eye... and with your imagination application, it is VERY eye catching.

I'll be watching to see the finished product. I LIKE red!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Well IF I had the skills and tools, this bike would look heck more agressive... This is one of the designs that come out of my brain (and its not the craziest at all):
extrem13.jpg

Well IF I had the skills and tools, this bike would look h*** more agressive... This is one of the designs that come out of my brain (and its not the craziest at all):
extrem13.jpg

Now you're cookin' with gas. I wondered why when they built the chopper style frames (Scythe in particular - what I bought) - why didn't they curve the seat tube like your drawing. That gives it a completely different look. More aggressive I think..

Yours is STILL cool in the way it's going, but the drawing here shows you're pretty close to where my head is at.

Remember the scythe?

The thing that got me was the front down tube design and the bottom brkt mounting. (thoughI like the fork and some other parts too!)

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Heyho!
I finally managed it to get "The Lucky 13" rollin. And this is what it looks like now (there are still some minor things to do):

Foto0196.jpg

Foto0195.jpg

Foto0194.jpg

Foto0198.jpg

At first i didnt want you to paint it,but after it was done i think you made a good choice.Sweet look and i like the position of your shifter.

(no) Felt Cruiser "The Lucky 13"

Hey guys!
"The Lucky 13" will be no Felt anymore... "there is something in the air" Steve Jobs would say, but I will just say this: most people change parts, I'll change frames! :mrgreen:

It'll be much longer, much lower and a lot more agressive, thats for sure!

so...

Stay tuned!

Re: (no) Felt Cruiser "The Lucky 13" - something in the air

basman?

Back