the I'll show you OFF TOPIC bike thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That milk picture is from an Amazon whole foods. I guess if people are shopping there certain catch phrases work whether they make sense or not😃
Then again it could be a reflection regarding today's work force😃😂

Haha I'm such a doofus, I missed all that text. I couldn't get past the number of times they need to explain that it's $5.49

Last edited:
IMG_20231127_234329760.jpg
IMG_20231127_234347276.jpg

Couple shots of my jam space, not shown are the PA & mixer old school Peavey SP3's stacked on Peavey 18" bins into an 8 channel Bullfrog Industries 8250 Mixing board.

So who smashed the poor Epiphone? ;(
IMG_20231129_181007544.jpg

I actually saved that guitar from being scrapped. Found it at an "art" dealers in a bin as a bare husk, busted and totally stripped. All the pickups (note the bass pup, the route was there so...) and hardware is new. Micro switch shunts the bass pup to either go with the lead or the rhythm pickup. Wires hanging out are just for show...

OH NO....No No No....OMG....a good mate has Given me his project cafe racer! He's seen the hard work ive put in customizing the pushies and said he's lost intrest as he now is rebuilding a track bike, he already has a few. needed space sorta thing,
I still gave him a case of beer, he loved that!!
original_a29f5b05-d7e7-496a-af73-bf5f65a7c5df_PXL_20231205_212407930.jpg

Its was his learners bike, Suzuki Gs 650, he got his license about 6 yr ago and it then went to his , now EX, mrs and now has returned to him and then he started to rebuild it.
Hes's already changed the headlight, quite cool I thought, and some after market "clip on bars. This particular model only sprots a single disc on the front, he's also removed any sort of sound dampening systems and run header tape tape over the straight pipes. its not a speed machine by any means, just a learner legal cruiser.
original_e897e121-54a4-4ad1-9856-0d21e8a0001c_PXL_20231205_212448569.jpg

He's also already chopped the seat sub frame back, I plan to modify this further, maybe push the battery hard up against the frame and drop the seat right down between the wheel and battery...just a thought! I cant alter the structure underneath , I havnt the Qualifcations for that but I can chop n re build that top part of the seat frame....I think!!!
its got good rubber anyway so theres a bonus!

PXL_20231205_212534272.jpg

The mirrors alone made the whole trip worth while! and he said this machine does go, dosnt need a rebuild or anything, just have to re-connect the wiring harness...just look at it, I have absolutely no idea where to even start on that, maybe a new loom will suffice and save days of guesswork.

PXL_20231205_212608102.jpg

And I dont really like that tank, I'll source a lower more swooping tear dropper sorta thing....
I suppose I better look at getting my license too LOL...at some stage! one things for sure, theres very little room in the shed now!

PXL_20231205_212707536.jpg

OH NO....No No No....OMG....a good mate has Given me his project cafe racer! He's seen the hard work ive put in customizing the pushies and said he's lost intrest as he now is rebuilding a track bike, he already has a few. needed space sorta thing,
I still gave him a case of beer, he loved that!!
View attachment 253840

Its was his learners bike, Suzuki Gs 650, he got his license about 6 yr ago and it then went to his , now EX, mrs and now has returned to him and then he started to rebuild it.
Hes's already changed the headlight, quite cool I thought, and some after market "clip on bars. This particular model only sprots a single disc on the front, he's also removed any sort of sound dampening systems and run header tape tape over the straight pipes. its not a speed machine by any means, just a learner legal cruiser.
View attachment 253841

He's also already chopped the seat sub frame back, I plan to modify this further, maybe push the battery hard up against the frame and drop the seat right down between the wheel and battery...just a thought! I cant alter the structure underneath , I havnt the Qualifcations for that but I can chop n re build that top part of the seat frame....I think!!!
its got good rubber anyway so theres a bonus!

View attachment 253842

The mirrors alone made the whole trip worth while! and he said this machine does go, dosnt need a rebuild or anything, just have to re-connect the wiring harness...just look at it, I have absolutely no idea where to even start on that, maybe a new loom will suffice and save days of guesswork.

View attachment 253843

And I dont really like that tank, I'll source a lower more swooping tear dropper sorta thing....
I suppose I better look at getting my license too LOL...at some stage! one things for sure, theres very little room in the shed now!

View attachment 253844
Hop down this rabbit hole

https://www.streetfighters.com.au

Anyone remember those tripod screw drive auto jacks they had in the 60's?
I'd like to find a decent one and weld it into the middle of a bike frame to be able to modify the stance...

Latest posts

Back