THE GREEN HORNET

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, at long last here it is.
hornet2.jpg

It started life as an el cheapo cantilever frame. I stretched it about 8 inches and flipped the top-half of the rear section. The tank was hand-made by me with a tear-drop mallet and planishing hammer. The springer front-end is scratch built, again by me.
hornet1.jpg

The handlebars I bent from rebar (since I don't have a tubing bender) and the grips are old brass water nozzles.
hornet3.jpg

26" wheels with white-walls. Now that I see pics of it I realize how long it is!!!
hornet5.jpg

The emblems are off of an early 50's Hudson Hornet. I just stuck 'em on temporary-like for the shots. I gotta bend 'em up right to conform to the tank. Satin green paint on the frame and forks, and gloss almond for the wheels and chainring. As you can see by the quality of the welds it's a REAL rat-rod bike! Not too bad for a first timer, huh?

Great details and handmade features on this build!

I know this is a super old thread... but do you have a thread where you discussed how you built the springer front end? I want to do something similar instead of buying one (budget concerns!). thanks!

Latest posts

Back