The Goose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ery nice!

a lot better that the original goose

LOOKS GREAT!!!! I think that just about made up my mind! I was debating between flat black or red primer on my 2 bikes (matched pair) that I am building... I LOVE the red!

That looks incredible man! Great bike. The colors look perfect together.

Aaron

Thanks for the great comments guys, it is always appreciated. I didn't like the orange license plate, so short of having a metal dye to make one, I went with photoshop and printed it on cardboard stock. I laminated the plate with plastic and made an aluminum backing plate to give it some strenght. I also included another shot so you can see the back fender better.

Canon011-1.jpg

Canon010-1.jpg

Wow...what a transformation!!!

I too love the color combo....just when you thought you had seen all the possibilities!

Excellent work!

you've taken some great photos of the bike too Gerry. A note to you and all the other folks taking such good pics. You need to get some shots of the non-chainring side as well. When composing, let's say, just hypothetical like, a page for a totally cool online ratrodbike magazine, it's easier to compose a page when you have different angles on the bikes. Having all the bikes facing the same way looks "not quite right".

anyway, I like the shots with all the grafitti in the background :)

jeff

Ask and ye shall receive. The tank plate was made from the steel plate of a heater housing that I pulled from my house when I renovated. The brackets came from the basement, they were holding something and were rusted big time. The Krylon rust paint really works well. The "ugly" side of the bike features my original plate that I had on there and you can see that the color clashes a bit too much for my taste. There will be no chain guard on this thing, I just love catching my pants in the chain ring and chain. :mrgreen: Feel free to use any of my pictures posted on this forum to promote the hobby. As long as credit is given, I'm more than cool with it. While out for it's shake down ride yesterday, a lot of people were doing double takes. This is one LOUD kustom rat bike!

Canon005-1.jpg

Canon003-1.jpg

I love that bike. I have a question though. How did you go about painting it? Did you leave the stearer tube on when you spray-bombed it? What was/not dissasembled and how did you mask it? I like how the top nut is painted also, kinda looks like you didn't take the fork off to paint it.

Thanks chainsaw, I'm glad you like it. :D Now Misfit43 you should be in bicycle forensics. I took off the BB but left the fork in place. All the steerer hardware was black so I figured I would keep the colors matching. Now guys it looks great but it was taken apart, painted and reassembled in 24 hours and 5 minutes. So it's not like I did a meticulous job. I'm surprised nobody mentioned the braze on cable guides. They are allowed to exist because at some point I would like to equip the Goose with a Nexus 3 speed coaster hub. Just have to find one. If it wasn't for that, they would have been executed by the grinder a long time ago. :mrgreen:

Back