The Fink

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize that this is probably plagerizing(sp), but I didn't want to spend the $575.00 to buy the original bike when I could make it cheaper. Other than tight tolerances on the back, it has worked out pretty well. I even recieved a few compliments! I didn't take any before pics, on account that I tore this frame apart 20 years ago, and pretty much forgot about it. By the time I rediscovered it, everything was lost save the frame and fenders. Most of my bikes have been rebuilders, so I thought I would try my hand at building one to my specs for a trial. What do you think?
IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

Things I need to do to it yet are, One, get a kickstand, and Two, get a bent seatpost. Still looking for that one yet...Going to try and get one this weekend when I am in Wichita.

Thanks Bigdaddy, That is my first strictly bike custom, The actual first was built for an engine. This frame had to be powder coated twice on account of the first time they (another powder coater) didn't get the color right, missed a spot on the underside, used a dirty hook which left a big black chunk on the rear dropout, and then tried to charge me double for the job. This bike almost didn't get built. Deven.....If my grasp of prose was worth anything at all, I am sure that would have been hilarious. Alas, such is not not to be. So I laugh simply because I am easily amused. hahahahahahaha. :mrgreen:

Looks awesome! Love that Murray frame! Nice work! 8)

Man, that looks great. What is that seat? and which color scheme came first? Seat or bike? :lol: Looks awesome, nice frame, I bet you're glad to finally use it huh?

Thanks! Carbon, I have always wondered what bike that was, I had never seen a frame where the two bars go into the down tube (?) It only took me 2 weeks of evening work to put it all together. However don't be fooled, In reality, it took me 20 years to tear down the bike, loose most of the parts and about a year and a half to very inconsistantly put it all back together again! Jackdaw, that seat is the Electra Rat Fink seat. I just ordered it from Harleys bike shop in Hutchinson along with the handgrips and decal set to put on my bike. I then had the frame powdercoated to as closly match the green in the seat as possible. Yes I am glad to use it. Most people around here didn't realize they made apes that big. I tell most of them that I can get them longer... :) Perhaps I will ride it in the tour de hangar happening this weekend.

Back