The Disco Beaver

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back! so to get back into the swing of things I just picked up this FireBike called a "Disco Beaver"

IMG_1672.jpg

not sure of the age or history....but it was well taken care of and I'm proud to have her. I have always wanted a FireBike!

I also just learned that the Company "FireBikes" has stopped production and is just selling off what is left????? all hear say. However if true I will now be on the hunt for The Firebike called the "WARRIOR" anybody have any leads????

In the mean time I had some 26" white 68 spoke rims and some other parts I felt would better suit this build....

IMG_1685.jpg

also in my parts bucket I had this chopper style bars I thought I would try along with this stem.

the seat also had to go so I did some Trim work and changed it to a nice Tan leather

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

tomorrow I hope to have the One pce crank set out and replace it with a 3pce along with a solid aluminum sprocket...

FW

Thanks all!

what type of machine did you do that on ? do you have a comercial sewing machine

yes I use an industrial machine....A PHAFF 145. A regular machine would not work on the leather :cry: Thanks for the lead on the bike :wink:

sadly it is not the frame I'm looking for....I'm on the hunt for this one...

Warriormockup.jpg

I belive "no talent clown" owns this one!

after cleaning the house gutters......"honey to do list" idem #232....

I was able to load up the bike and change out the single to a three pce crank set....Thanks to my good friend Troy @ Maple Ridge Cycle! Great place to hang out and be social with other riders.

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

dug around my secret parts box and pulled out this C&C sprocket....

IMG_1703.jpg

However not all is well... :( with the 44 tooth, the chain now hits the frame....even shimmed out! I have a plan using a tention wheel and a custom bracket

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

MOD time! I have a plan.....open to all of yours!

FW

The frame you're looking for F.W. would be a "Warrior".
That stinks to hear Sam's not doing anymore frames!
So is it side to side clearance that you need(I'm guessing so from the look of all those washers)? If thats the case you'll probably need to cut the B.B. out and put a wider one in. Or is it something that may be helped with dishing the wheel also or a combo of dished wheel & rear cog? Sorry, I know you have pics but I ain't that bright!(well, really i can't be 100% from those pictures...but I still is dum :wink: )

good to talk to you again Sensor!

I have an idea using a chain tension from a Down Hill bike.....I'll modify a bracket and then bolt it to the frame. With this, I hope to have the chain ride just under the lower frame bar, then onto the sproket. Much like I did on the "Blue Viper" bike

SANY0085.jpg

this time from the top....

besides......a chain that long could use a little tension anyhow :D

FW

where you get these Z bars man?
IMG_1685.jpg

im looking for a set on my build in the future..

and also, that Sprocket you got is a 'Haro bashgurad sprocket' high quality componet there :) usually fetch around $60+ i think i seen a mint one fetch as much as $85 now adays :shock:

I picked that set along with another very similar at a garage sale many years ago... I can sell or trade the second with ya? I'll post a pic for you soon.

Are you sure about the sprocket? It says "chop saw" porkchop CNC 6061 alloy 110/130 bcd 3/32 -39T on it

The other sprocket is a "MacNeil 44T" I know that one is rare

FW

Back