THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 6/25 W/HOMEMADE REAR STAND!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
don't have a name for it yet, but here she is. i am going to use a 60's western flyer galaxy flyer. not sure what it is even going to look like. not sure what is going to stay or go. pretty much the only thing that i know will stay is the frame and wheels and the cool sprocket. this will be fun! :D
100_4526.jpg
100_4528.jpg
100_4527.jpg

Re: THE BIKE

not much has happened yet. took off the fenders,rack, and flipped a different set of bars. still no name and not sure of what color. have something in mind for a custom fork! i am kind of diggin' the seat, might keep it.
100_4537.jpg
100_4538.jpg

Re: THE BIKE REVISED PICS 5/3!

It's looking kool so far :D

Re: THE BIKE REVISED PICS 5/3!

yeah, the turn signal!!! :lol: don't you have one yet? they are the latest thing out!!! wedged it between the fork and bottom cup, the stupid fork wouldn't stay still for the pic!!! :roll:

Re: THE DIRT DOBBER REVISED 5/7 NEW JPICS!

finally gave it a name, dirt-dobber. a mix between a boardtracker/dirt track bike. some of my inspiration is coming from my dad's days of flat track racing in the 1960's, he ran the old bultaco's! here are some pics, the frame is primed, the wheels will be painted, the fork is a mix of the original and the truss part from a murray springer. not sure of the color, probably a beige, or khaki? got the seat from memory lane. here are some pics.
104_4541.jpg
104_4542.jpg

turn signal ? i thought it was a column shifter. maybe a 3 on the tree? bike looks great. dig the tires.

thats looking good. i used to flat track on a 250 bul in the late 60's early 70's. luved those bikes.

Outlaw

Re: THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 5/10 NEW PIC!

so i was standing in the paint isle at wally-world this evening looking at the rattle can color selection. my wife detested the can of "khaki" i had in my hand so she picked out this color-"lime". i had actually looked at it before she walked up. wasn't 100% sold on it until i sprayed it and i am really diggin' it. it is a "satin" finish so i will clear it after laying down some black striping over it.
104_4545.jpg
104_4548.jpg
104_4550.jpg

Re: THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 5/10 NEW PIC!

I love the color on that! I've seen that paint on the shelves and wondered,thanks,Bro! 8)

Re: THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 5/16 NEW PICS!

just can't find time to work on this like i want! not enough hours in the day. :roll: here is a few pics of the front end and the bars and seat. painted the wheels black this evening. i am going to bob the rear fender, probably won't run a front one. going to do a number plate in the middle of the frame too. don't know what all else. i guess it will come to me! :)
104_4600.jpg

Re: THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 5/16 NEW PICS!

Awesome color choice & it's very unlikely anyone else in this buildoff will use it.

Re: THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 5/17 ON THE GROUND! NEW PICS

got the wheels on today and actually rode it a little. the first fork set up didn't work, the wheel kept flexing and rubbin the fork on the left side. i haven' count that out all together yet, put it back the original way so i could ride it a little. i like the black and lime contrast. the wheels aren't smooth, but i wasn't going for a slick paint job on them anyway. i think if you get too slick of a paint job, it kind of looses the "rat" look. i don't know, just might be me! :) here is a couple of pics. let me know what you think of the fork. still some things i will add later.
104_4602.jpg
104_4601.jpg

Re: THE DIRT DOBBER UPDATED 5/17 ON THE GROUND! NEW PICS

looking good! too bad your fork setup is giving you problems. hope you get it worked out 'cause that springer looked awesome.

Back