the dame's frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really it depends on who you ask, I personally will rebuild them and ride them or sale them, old cruisers are getting harder to find whether its mens or womens.

Not mine but one of my recent favorites. I would ride it anywhere 8)

IMG_7073_zps42d0c788.jpg

For me, 99% of girls bikes are either parts donors or scrap yard fodder. Though they don't look bad in Cracker Barrel hanging from the ceiling. :wink: I don't ride girls bikes, period. I'm a bike misogynist and I'm too old to change my ways now. 8) Gary

I have girls bikes for my daughters and girlfriend,I think they look very charming in a feminine way and dont think guys look right riding them.

I'd buy a nice girl's bike if I could find one, but my wife-to-be is an avid road and mountain biker and prefers the look and feel of a men's frame.

Supergoob ,If your wanting to ride a girls bike and contemplating marrying a woman that
rides road bikes, she is way to fast for you. Find a slower woman. Carry your girls bike
around till you find a woman that says WOW! what an awesome bike.....marry her.
Its kinda like the cinderella deal.

This is my wife's bike, It's one of the best riders we have. I love to ride it, rides like a Caddy! I do, however agree with Uncle Stretch!!! :mrgreen:

I rebuilt a '68 Schwinn Hollywood for my fiance but other than that I cut them and hang tires from them.
Before
P8020027.jpg

After
P8050001.jpg

Here's a close up of the custom laced wheels, original Schwinn hubs, twist laced to Wienman rims.

P8050064.jpg

Then here's what I do with the rest.
image-39.jpg

I guess I'm just "old school", but I have no interest in ladies' frames. When I was a kid, a boy wouldn't be caught dead on a girls' bike! :wink:
However, somehow that opinion doesn't extend to others - as they used to say, run what you brung! :mrgreen:

Uncle Stretch said:
Supergoob ,If your wanting to ride a girls bike and contemplating marrying a woman that
rides road bikes, she is way to fast for you. Find a slower woman. Carry your girls bike
around till you find a woman that says WOW! what an awesome bike.....marry her.
Its kinda like the cinderella deal.

I dunno.. my wife is a "roadie." She puts up with me and my cruisers and joins me sometimes on group rides. She rides her hybrid for those. I've talked to her about getting her something vintage but she only seems to be humoring me.

The flip side is that I have a flat bar road bike that I use when I go with her... but I much prefer my cruiser. I've done a few organized rides with her but I refuse to wear spandex.

mitchelangelo said:
I would, will and sometimes do..ride the wheels off a chic frame! I have no shame, or care what others think. An awesome bike is just that. I have built many of both. Old step thru frames are getting scarcer, kind of like the hot rodders are building 4- door cars now. If you like it there ya go. Rock n Roll!!

Honestly I'd rather have a 4 door hot rod to build up, they are cheaper, easier to find, and you don't have to crawl over the seats to get in the back.

Back