The BMK.!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I've had this 26" diamond mystery frame in my collection for a few years now and finally going to do something with it. I've been tossing the idea of doing a bmx bike or Klunker or a mix of both. So I've decided to do the mix of both.
So I leave you with this picture of just the frame and to leave you guessing in what you think this bike is going to look like when is said and done.
The Frame:

Here is the frame stripped of its 4-5 layers of paint.

Forks was also stripped of its coats of primer and rust reviling the chrome that was in nice shape.

These are the original 170 SR cranks that came with the f/f set. I modified the chainring to a single gear when original it was a fixed 3 chainring sprocket. I cut the fixed sprocket out of the three and made it a one off removable to a single gear chainring.
I also polished the crank arms as they were really dull and oxidized to a nice polished finish.

Cranks modified and polished.:

More to come..

What's the rear spacing on the frame, between the dropouts? Cool that you have the old-school, first-generation Surly hub...

Not sure on the measurement on the hub.. I need to check it out when I get home..
I got the wheel set on a CL for a killer price. With tires and tubes and Shimano freewheel at that. Tires are Kenda "Slick-E's. These wheels are light. I just couldn't believe on the price the guy sold them for, had to get them.

Yeah, the 1x1 hub is definitely 135mm. I'm guessing the frame was 126mm. Knowing the rear spacing could give us some hints, at least, as to how old the frame is.

I'm an automotive paint tech and color marcher and I made the color and pumped it in a spray can. I could have spray it with a gun but I don't plan on keeping the bike..

So after some thought on the naming of this bike and trying figure out where this bike fit as a Bmx, MTB or a Klunker. I think this is appropriate that it is all three in one. So it will be called.. "The BMK"
Bmx Mtb Klunker..

Latest posts

Back