Thanks Hooch!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These sassy little numbers arrived today! Big thanks to Hooch for both frames and the chainguards to go with them.

It's official, I now have too many projects :mrgreen:

The blue Typhoon will get a thorough clean and polish, the pink house painted Hollywood will be re-finished. Probably a tiki theme of some sort.

sassyhe5.png

-Mp

your welcome MP
I love selling you stuff but the whole Canada shipping thing can be a nightmare at times
but I am glad they made it safely :)
oh and goodluck with that stem I soaked it real good so hopefully in its journey it loosened up some.
its kinda funny to see bikes end up so far away.
the tornado was purchased from the original owner who bought it for his daughter and she is actually over in IRAQ now. and the lovely pink house paint bike was purchased in the same deal that brought me that lovely chicken poop chopper :)

Housepaint. One of the more unpleasant paints to remove from a bike frame. An angle grinder with a wire wheel is worth it's weight in gold at times like these.

Here's the pink bike after stripping it down to bare metal:

baremetal06302007pn9.png

Ooooooh! Shiny! Although this frame is being painted, I do have another Schwinn which will stay bare metal.

And after the first coat of primer:

primered06302007km3.png

Now originally this was going to be a tiki bike, but I've found a rather nice pale yellow for the frame, so it's time for a Change of Plan!

The new plan is for the pale yellow frame, chrome ducktail shorty fenders, 68 spoke rims with whitewalls (borrowed form my stretch limo) and moon cruiser bars (also form the limo). And a springer fork (I'm predictable that way :roll:)

-Mp

Hooch said:
hey Mp did you ever get that stem out of the tornado?
man that one was stuck

I haven't tried yet - the formerly pink Hollywood is receiving all the attention right now. Here's a teaser*:

sneakpeekhl1.png

But now that you mention it, I should give the Tornado another shot of penetrating oil. I'll keep you posted on the outcome of that battle...

Victory will be mine. Oh yes it will :mrgreen:

-Mp

* The Tiki theme is back! :D

Hooch said:
I hate to tell ya but that isnt pale yellow lol

Yeah I know it's not pale yellow. If there's one thing I learned at art college, it's the difference between pale yellow and Nissan A17 LeMans Sunset LOL The pale yellow was too pale, it just was't working for me.

So I've returned to plan A - The tiki theme is back!

-Mp

Back