Thank's guys

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been messing with bikes my whole life I don't know how many times I have painted over rusty chrome and threw rusty chains away.
Two weeks ago I tried the trick of Ceramic Stove Top Cleaner on a rusty springer I had laying around. It took quite abit of rubbing with a scotch brite pad, but to my suprise it worked :D

Today I threw a rusted up chain in a bottle of vinager thinking no way this is going to work. I just pulled it from the bottle and it looks brand new :lol:

I would have never discovered these tips without reading them here.

Just wanted to say thanks to the people who share their ideas on this great forum.

I had an idea once.. and when I find it again .. I will share it... i just hope it was bicycle related. :roll:

Just wait till you discover Oxalic Acid AKA wood bleach....

Also another tip for getting stubborn grips off without risk of stabbing your hand with a screwdriver or damaging hard to find grips. Place a 7/8 wrench over the handlebar next to the grip and tap it with a hammer. The grip comes off easily with no damage. :wink:

Vipon said:
Just wanted to say thanks to the people who share their ideas on this great forum.

You're welcome! 8)
Freely sharing ideas and information is what advances a hobby or trade. Keeping your ideas and information secret and taking it to your grave retards a hobby or trade. This forum is the ultimate bulletin board for sharing bike info. Gary

B607 said:
Vipon said:

You're welcome! 8)
Freely sharing ideas and information is what advances a hobby or trade. Keeping your ideas and information secret and taking it to your grave retards a hobby or trade. This forum is the ultimate bulletin board for sharing bike info. Gary

That's right, you won't get rich off it anyway, so pass it along. Here's another one of mine: Use a small padlock instead of a nut and bolt on your one speed coaster brake clip. Then no one can steal your wheel, just remember where you left the key.

28i2geu.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:

Also another tip for getting stubborn grips off without risk of stabbing your hand with a screwdriver or damaging hard to find grips. Place a 7/8 wrench over the handlebar next to the grip and tap it with a hammer. The grip comes off easily with no damage. :wink:
I like using wd 40 under the grips to help remove them or running them under really hot water both work great for me

dragnusa said:
outskirtscustoms said:

I like using wd 40 under the grips to help remove them or running them under really hot water both work great for me

Those work but most times with WD-40 you have to wash out the grips before you re-install them or they will slide on the bars and not grip.

Back