Test riding our latest finds (another ride)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been itching to see if the tires would hold air on our latest finds. Went out and aired the tires up then called the kids out so we could test ride them. Didnt ride either to far didnt feel like walking back if a tire blew.
Heres the X20 sitting next to the X24 we have had with the hawthorne behind them

My oldest riding the hawthorne

Me cruising down the street

What thrill it is to air up the tires on a 70 year old bike and ride it.

My baby girl testing out the X20, seat was to low for her

Re: Test riding our latest finds

firestonepilot said:
It's fun to find old bicycles, purchase them, take them home, put air in the tires and just ride them.
I talked to the lady from church that seen the bike first and told her we got it home and put air in the tires and rode it, shes like really on those tires. We love finding old bikes and getting them rideable. My oldest had a guy ask him why he was riding an old bmx bike, He told the guy because its awesome. My kids got the vintage bug like I do.

Rode the hawthorne to the parts store this morning and had 2 guys stop me and start asking me about it, love it when people stop and talk about my bikes.

Back